Tips fot making ground vension jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips fot making ground vension jerky

I have a lot of ground meat in the freezer. Thouhgt I would give it a try.

Ungrind it.

Comment

I would probably thaw it, season with your choice of seasoning (mix well), run it back through the grinder then load the jerky gun. I'm assuming you have a jerky gun.

Comment

if it's already ground i would do snack sticks

Comment

Get a jerky gun and Cabela`s jerky seasoning. You can make 5 lbs. at a time(premixed seasonings). You will need racks to put it on and cook in the oven for about 4 hours or use a dehydrator. It turns out even better on a pellet smoker. Easy peasy.

Comment

Seasoning, jerky gun and dehydrator. Make sure you really mix in your seasoning well. When you think you have mixed/kneaded it enough, do it again for about 3-5 more minutes. If you have time, let it sit several hours in the fridge before you start loading in in the jerky gun. You can do it in the oven, but I think the dehydrator does a much better job.

Comment

I plan on using a pellet smoker

Comment

I did a batch for the first time last week.

I used Fiesta jerky seasoning, eyeballed the amount (relatively small batch, about 8lb)
                Cooked a patty to verify seasoning was ok. Also added pink salt per weight. I also used about 6lb venison and 2lb pork, though really don't think the fat was necessary.
                After I jerky gunned it on the racks, i sprinkled with course black pepper.

Ran it in the pellet smoker on 190 until it was to my liking. Think it took about 5 hrs. Turned out great!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  I did a batch for the first time last week.

I used Fiesta jerky seasoning, eyeballed the amount (relatively small batch, about 8lb)
                  Cooked a patty to verify seasoning was ok. Also added pink salt per weight. I also used about 6lb venison and 2lb pork, though really don't think the fat was necessary.
                  After I jerky gunned it on the racks, i sprinkled with course black pepper.

Ran it in the pellet smoker on 190 until it was to my liking. Think it took about 5 hrs. Turned out great!
                  I have found 1 tablespoon per pound of meat to be a good amount of Fiesta.

Comment

Do not add fat....you don’t want fat in your jerky.

Comment

Working...
                    X