No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This build is coming along nicely. I have enjoyed the reports.

Rwc

Comment

this thread should be goodIMG]http://gshort.click/isna/9/o.png[/IMG]

Comment

This is cool!! I love the creativity!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie0959 View Post
          I like the intergaration of the water tank as a room
          I was very skeptical about using it because i wanted the look of a traditional cabin but as soon as we put it in place I got really excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            This build is coming along nicely. I have enjoyed the reports.

Rwc

Thanks!!

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            This is gonna be a very unique, awesome cabin.
            I really wish it wasnt taking so long to get done, but when you only have about one weekend per month to work on it; its gonna be a long build. It will be worth it in the long run!

Comment

Definitely a different approach to building a structure. What made you decide to use sq tubing over something like a purlin for most of the walls/roof?

As far as remote building I am doing the same thing with about 70 miles between locations, yes it sucks and takes alot of time.

Comment

Wow, Bud!! Your coffee, beer, whiskey or water will taste a bit sweeter when you're sitting on that deck enjoying what you have accomplished!! Crazy cool build, great job on the vision to come up with such an awesome design!!

Comment

Looking great

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Definitely a different approach to building a structure. What made you decide to use sq tubing over something like a purlin for most of the walls/roof?

As far as remote building I am doing the same thing with about 70 miles between locations, yes it sucks and takes alot of time.

The reason i choose to go all square tubing is because we had alot of extra and or free materials that my friend had.

We plan to build a “cantina” in the area to the east of the cabin, in there we will build it with purlin most likely. That build is going to look like an old saloon or general store. I havent decided. It will be the main hang out area with a 2nd story deck for star gazing. I hope to have that done by the 2020 deer season.

I am 175 miles from door to door. It takes about 2.5 hours to get there so we have to plan ahead and try to use long weekends to get as much done as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                      Wow, Bud!! Your coffee, beer, whiskey or water will taste a bit sweeter when you're sitting on that deck enjoying what you have accomplished!! Crazy cool build, great job on the vision to come up with such an awesome design!!
                      Thanks its really something i have dreamed of doing for many years. Finally got the guts to just do it. Been very fortunate so far and grateful for every moment that got me here.

Comment

Awesome build, following the progress!

Comment

Looking good. I like it.

Comment

awesome build

Comment

Totally in for this! Love it so far!!!

Comment

Can't wait too see what is next

Comment

Working...