X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool catch

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
      Light tackle jetty catch over the weekend. Talk about a sweet surprise.

Looks mighty tasty! But your modeling is lacking in comparison [emoji51]

Comment

A little report to break up the bikini pics...

Fishing has been pretty good and is getting better in East Matagorda Bay. I've been catching lots of reds and drum in EMB but the trout have been getting better and better too. Still releasing almost all of them. Every time we have a big tide it seems like we are getting another push of more trout from the gulf. Last Saturday I did not fish but a buddy of mine did and they drifted shell in the middle of the bay and caught and released more than a 3 man limit of trout and had one over 5 and a couple more over 4 pounds. Today another buddy caught and released a 7 pound trout drifting deep shell. There are a lot more trout in EMB right now than you'd think.

Today we caught a pretty good number of solid 18-20" trout while we were trying to catch redfish and drum. We kept 4 along with some really nice flounder, a few reds and a few drum. Pretty good mixed bag. Released a bunch of fish today too. All our fish today were caught fishing around shell with live shrimp under corks.

I've also seen a good number of big drum moving back into the bay. We've caught a couple of donks in the last few days. Some oversized redfish showing up in the mix too.

In West Matagorda Bay I've been catching good numbers of redfish and drum still. I have not been targeting trout and the water in some of the areas I would be looking for trout in has been pretty nasty. Glass minnows are just starting to show up and they are little bitty right now, like real little. I'm seeing tons of small bait in both bays, shad and glass minnows. But like I said, very tiny. Lots and lots of mullet everywhere.

I think we will see some positive changes around the full moon this month and we'll be off to the races soon. The windy season is about to set in and that will present some challenges but I think the late spring, early summer patterns will kick off in the next couple of weeks. Bay water temps have been up in the mid-70's, 74 today.

Here's a few recent pics.

Comment

Awesome report, thank you!

Comment

Things are looking up! Thanks for the report Glenn!

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Thanks Glenn! Appreciate the reports!

Comment

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Wahoo Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                    Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Wahoo Wednesday

Didnt we do her already?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Didnt we do her already?

Wow. Didnt know we had a chance for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Didnt we do her already?

She has been featured but not on wahoo Wednesday. Don’t screw it up Jet Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          I could use some gin clear water. How bout y’all???

This is my last post for the week. Jet black it’s on your shoulder don’t screw it up.

I’ve never cared for flounder but they’re growing on me!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              I’ve never cared for flounder but they’re growing on me!!
                              That's a crappie with its eyes on one side [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                She has been featured but not on wahoo Wednesday. Don’t screw it up Jet Black.

I thought you said you were gonna be out of pocket?

Comment

Working...
                                X