• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meyer Lemons signs of life?

Anyone with lemon trees showing life?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Not mine.

They will get replaced in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I have a young un and a very large 20yr old one. No life either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

We lost all of our lemons, a lime, and a 15yo satsuma. The orange was double wrapped with frost fabric and sheltered, but no match for a week of that cold.

Comment

No signs or life on my lemon or satsuma. I somehow managed to save a Persian Lime.

Comment

Mine is still fairly small and in a big pot. I got it early last year. Its green at the bottom with some growth coming out. Also some of branches have some green in them but mostly brown. It looks bad!

I've got 5 different citrus trees in big pots. We moved them all onto our covered patio. Then made a walled in area with moving blankets. Had a heater and thermometer inside for the whole freeze and it never got below freezing inside there. Lowest I saw was about 34. All my citrus and Blueberry bushes did well except for the Meyers. Im thinking about getting another in case this one doesn't make it.

Comment

I covered mine and had a heat lamp on the base and it still died.

Comment

Mine died also looking for replacements .

Comment

My meyer lemon is sprouting just up the soil low on trunk. Wife read that once they do this they will never bare fruit again, so they are out of here! All other citrus show no life. What about our oleanders? No life here, cut them back 2 foot high.

Comment

My 20 year old tree is deader than a doornail. Wife is very upset.

Comment

I got a couple of green limbs sprouting from about half way up the tree. It is 8 years old. Thinking about cutting it down to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                        My meyer lemon is sprouting just up the soil low on trunk. Wife read that once they do this they will never bare fruit again, so they are out of here! All other citrus show no life. What about our oleanders? No life here, cut them back 2 foot high.
                        I heard something like that too. Maybe where it was grafted or something? Mine is doing the same thing.

Comment

mine is all brown and the limbs are breaking off if I kick or sit on them. I had an old boy tell me that the core of the tree was alive. Huh? This was after I dug it up and put it in a brush pile for a few weeks. He ended up taking it to his house to plant it but I'm not sure if it is still going or not. He said he had a fertilizer he would put on it but I told him he needs a magic spell.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            I heard something like that too. Maybe where it was grafted or something? Mine is doing the same thing.
                            if it's below the graft, it's just the rootstock and not going to give you anything.

Comment

I think I lost my meyer tree but two orange trees look like they might make it. Think I’m gonna smoke a brisket with the lemon tree
                              Last edited by rvd; 04-12-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X