No announcement yet.

Who has the most remote camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My camp is so remote it doesn't exist. If I want to stay the night at the lease its pitching a tent.

Cool pictures! I like yalls setup

Comment

Louisiana has some extremely remote fishing camps in the marsh. Sadly they’re becoming a thing of the past like the dinosaurs. Hurricanes and coastal erosion erode 100 yds every hour

There are lots of remote “boat only” camps in the Atchafalaya Basin

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 03-22-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
        Hunted in Mexico Del rio area about 15 years ago, 62 miles down a dirt road 25 gates and took 3.5 hours.
        Oh hail no!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          Louisiana has some extremely remote fishing camps in the marsh. Sadly they’re becoming a thing of the past like the dinosaurs. Hurricanes and coastal erosion erode 100 yds every hour

That camp is awesome!

I stayed at a dumpy barge camp 30 minutes South of Morgan City. Loved every minute of it. Talk about remote! Pictures won’t load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A long float plane flight out of Pickle Lake Ontario to a private lake cabin. Spent over a week there fishing and exploring. My good friend and his brother and me and the old Indian man that worked for their dad. We were about 14 years old. Built a new dock for the plane out of trees we cut, stripped and hauled in a boat back to the cabin. Caught so may walleye and pike I couldn't even guess. Moose, wolves bears. I was in heaven at that age. Want to go back someday with my sons.

Comment

Most remote camp I ever stayed in was a yurt in the nomadic region of the Altai mountain range in Western Mongolia.There was the occasional nomadic marmot hunters that drifted between China and Mongolia but days away from anything. We were chasing Argali Sheep and Ibex in the Gobi desert...another place well beyond BFE. Pretty cool.

Comment

If you rode to your "remote" camp in your daily driver.....

Comment

I’ve done the backpack, gear, tent, food, bow, etc into the Gila if that counts. Even if it doesn’t, that’s the most remote I’ve been on foot.

Comment

I hunted NW Kimble county 20 years ago. The ranch had water and electricity but were 45 minutes to Junction. I just sold my place that was 25 southwest of Rocksprings. The camp house was 2 miles/20 minutes from the highway. Water came from a rain cache and electricity was from solar panels and generator. No cell service near the camp house.

Comment

I'm sort of working on a deal for a place in Ninilchik, AK - it's way remote.

it's just a fish camp with no power but a mighty powerful view.

trying not to act too interested to see just how cheap I can get it.

Comment

I remember several remote fish camps we stayed at up near flin flon on the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border. some of them were a boat ride and then portage over to another lake and camp on the shore.

Comment

About 1.5 hr super cub flight to a dried river bed under a glacier in Alaska. Saw nothing for at least 50 miles on the flight in. I'm sure someone could have gotten there by boat because we were 100 yards from a navigable river, but I doubt anyone was within 30 miles of us.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	bear camp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	24648897

Click image for larger version

Name:	bear camp 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	24648898

Comment

Whitetail camp: 21 miles off pavement to entrance. 6 miles from there through woods to camp site

Comment

Working...
                            X