TPWD Draw Hunts and Non-residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Would love to hear their reasoning on why. Outfitters are extremely expensive in Wyoming as it is. I’m still building points.
    Our outfitters ***. would love to have all NR have to use an outfitter. They are behind the wilderness guide law for NR in Wyoming also.

The bill got kicked back to the Wildlife Task Force which will tweak it and propose something later, maybe this year but probably next session. That group is not going to be very friendly to NR I fear , outfitters have a strong voice in Wyoming, fading a bit though. Residents have been stepping up to get their voiced heard over the outfitters.
    As residents lots of us have family or friends that like to come up and hunt Wyoming, not many want the higher prices or very limited tags for NR, more LQ tags for residents is our main push.

Just remember you all pushing for less NR draws also, other states look at that and you may be responsible for getting your NR tags reduced in some states as reciprocity.

Like I stated, now NR get 20-25% of our quota, that includes sheep and moose. Does Texas really give that many NR the tags in your draw?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Just remember you all pushing for less NR draws also, other states look at that and you may be responsible for getting your NR tags reduced in some states as reciprocity.

Like I stated, now NR get 20-25% of our quota, that includes sheep and moose. Does Texas really give that many NR the tags in your draw?
      That's the problem. There currently is no reciprocity in Texas to the western states that limit tags. I would prefer it more open on all sides, but since that's a pipe dream we should limit tags by some degree for now.

Comment

My survey suggestions.

Non-residents should have to pay more. Even if it is just a higher application fee. $10 instead of $3. Not eligible for premium hunts at all.

Increase standby opportunities. All hunts should allow standbys. If the biologist has determined the amount of animals that need to be harvested and the number of permits is based on that, why in the world would standbys not be available to fill the needed positions? Because it takes personnel to accommodate the standby hunters? Isn't that what they are paid for? To manage the habitat? Maybe allow non-department personnel to take on-line training and get certified to help conduct the hunts. Charge them for the training and "pay" them with a loyalty point in that category. What would it cost TPWD except for setting up the training which would be reimbursed by the applicants.

Increase non-deer draw hunts. Feral hogs are destroying the state yet the number of hog hunts has barely changed. In 2010/2011 9 areas had public hog hunts. This year 11 areas do.

Alligator populations are expanding but hunts are not. I'm not sure what effect the freeze had if any.

Allow for the purchase of a loyalty point instead of drawing.

Comment

when is the application period for the '21-'22 hunting season. I thought it started in March

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Our outfitters ***. would love to have all NR have to use an outfitter. They are behind the wilderness guide law for NR in Wyoming also.

The bill got kicked back to the Wildlife Task Force which will tweak it and propose something later, maybe this year but probably next session. That group is not going to be very friendly to NR I fear , outfitters have a strong voice in Wyoming, fading a bit though. Residents have been stepping up to get their voiced heard over the outfitters.
            As residents lots of us have family or friends that like to come up and hunt Wyoming, not many want the higher prices or very limited tags for NR, more LQ tags for residents is our main push.

Non resident has the EXACT SAME chance to draw ANY tag in Texas as any resident. And extremely cheap I might add.

Comment

Non resident has the EXACT SAME chance to draw ANY tag in Texas as any resident. And extremely cheap I might add.
              But, 20% of tags in Wyoming go to NR guaranteed. Yall think 20% of Texas draws are going to NR's? I'd bet it's more like 1% simply because they just don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                But, 20% of tags in Wyoming go to NR guaranteed. Yall think 20% of Texas draws are going to NR's? I'd bet it's more like 1% simply because they just don't apply.
                But they aren’t restricted. No cap like we have in other states. None. Zero.

Comment

But they aren’t restricted. No cap like we have in other states. None. Zero.
                  Why would you cap something that doesn't have any demand? If you follow Wyoming example you'd cap the Texas NR draw at 20%, something that's maybe getting 1% NR draw naturally without a cap. Wyoming guarantees 20% of the tags to go to NR's, that's definitely not something we wanna do with Texas.

Comment

Why would you cap something that doesn't have any demand? If you follow Wyoming example you'd cap the Texas NR draw at 20%, something that's maybe getting 1% NR draw naturally without a cap. Wyoming guarantees 20% of the tags to go to NR's, that's definitely not something we wanna do with Texas.
                    I understand. My point was that we do not limit them. We don’t restrict how many can draw like they do us. That’s all. I’m not in support of a certain percent only going to NRs. Not at all what I was saying. I guess y’all missed my point.

Not like any of us draw the **** tags either

Comment

I may have been guilty of DWT, drinking while TBHing.

Not like any of us draw the **** tags either
                      Lol that's the truth!

Comment

I may have been guilty of DWT, drinking while TBHing.

Lol that's the truth!

There’s lots of drunk posting that happens here. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X