Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me something dumb that beats this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had uniforms and a dress code. Gotta keep the child prisoners' morale low otherwise they start to think for themselves. But hey if y'all are reallllly good, we'll have "choice dress day" you just gotta pay $5 and you can wear jeans but no t-shirts! Kids should follow rules but at some point it's just asinine. Seemed like only the good kids got hassled because the admins were afraid the thugs would tell them what for.

Comment

So do you think your daughter can go to school in her swimsuit OR do you think some rules should apply? And if so what rules?

Libs just don't get it sometimes.

EVERY system has to have organization and if they don't it crumbles. I say homeschool your kids then they can dress anyway they want.

Another point: If you know the rules and regulations of a school BEFORE your kids attend then you have NO complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
        Who the h3ll is that?

Lol!! Exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          I don't have kids but I think kids should have the freedom to be individuals. When they get out into the real world they're going to need to learn good work ethic which needs to start at school. Meaning show up on time,every day and do what you gotta do to get through the day. That's what they'll be doing for the rest of their lives.

In todays world people are usually glad to hire someone who wants to work. They ain't worried about facial hair.

Yep.....You don’t have kids.

Comment

Will they eventually make them pull their pants down to make sure a SHE isn't really a HE? It's next the way things are going.

Comment

Sometimes there are rules in place to try to teach a lesson in conformity and to put the team concept before the individual ideas - whether school or at work. IMO rules equate to expectations for performance.

The problem with a lot of things right now is that there is a large segment of society that don't think there should be rules or that they are special and don't have to follow the rules - whether at school or with an employer. Ridiculous and outlandish thinking - I guess those folks can stay unemployed if they don't want to follow the rules. Surely it is totally unreasonable for an employer to expect his employees to show up for work on time, dress a certain way, work 40 hours at an office or confirm to a dress code....crazy expectations.

Comment

"Tell me something dumb that beats this..." Joe Biden is president.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                  You win

Comment

I don't know Honker, Cuomo don't like rules either....

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Here's my take after serving 7 years on the local school board, two as President:
                      1. Dress code enforcement takes up too much time and energy.
                      2. A boy with a beard can learn too.
                      3. If a parent allows a nose ring, it's not the school's place to disallow.
                      4. Nose rings, tattoos, flip flops, long hair, beards, etc. don't actually "distract" other students.
                      5. Making rules simply for the sake of having rules is idiotic.

I'll never forget the time that a young man, a graduating senior, came before the board and gave a very compelling argument for allowing facial hair. Of the 5 male board members, all 5 of us had a beard or mustache. We were all graduates of the same school this kid went to. The next year that dumb rule was gone. I hate rules that don't have a real purpose.
                      Amen. Rules that are made just to make sure people can learn to comply are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        best lesson in life for a young person..."the boss is not always right but the boss is always the boss"
                        Until you have the courage to strike your own path because thats what works for you.

Compliance that serves the compliant no purpose should be cast off.

Comment

My High school baseball coach told me, get a hair cut or your not playing. A week later on a road game told me to polish my cleats or your not playing. Needless to say we butted heads often BUT we did when two state championships under him

Comment

**** few veterans posting in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                              Winner winner chicken dinner. Well played, Sir.

Comment

It seems that a lot of your schools should have spent less time on meaningless rules, and more time on reading comprehension…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X