No announcement yet.

Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Timm got me all fixed up with a new stove and gave me advice on how to get my old lantern working again. Had positive news on the condition of the lantern and got it lit tonight! This lantern, the hissing and the smell of burning campfuel brings back memories tracking my first deer with it and countless nights fishing for crappie under the bridges.

Thanks for all the help Timm! These 2 will be put to a lot of use feeding my friends and I in the duck blind

Comment

Comment

Glad to help out. Two very dependable items right there. Maybe I will get to see them again on a duck hunt.

Welcome to the Coleman addiction.
        Last edited by 2050z; 11-03-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Those are some nice items there Ultralight.

I had to swing by mothers last night to put license plates on her car for her. I found Dad's fishing lantern, but forgot he had broke the globe on it fishing one night. It isn't quite as old as I thought either. It is a 220K from 3/81. Other than the glass though it is in pretty good shape. It will pump and hold pressure, and hiss when I open the valve. No rust in the tank. I bet it will fire up with some mantels and a globe.

My grandpas wasn't right there with it, I think maybe it is out in the shed or something. It may take some digging to find it.

Comment

220k's are nice lanterns.

Comment

In Dallas. Not sure if good.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

Those are good lanterns

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  Lantern fount on the left appears to have been repainted.
                  Meet up with the seller and see if they hold pressure. Check fount for rust on the inside. After that make seller an offer.

Comment

Here is a lantern that I just restored. I got this lantern from Timm (2050z). We put in together and bought several old lanterns and stoves. This is an interesting lantern. It has a font dated 8-1959 but it has a 220F collar. 220F did not exist in 1959. Apparently this lantern had been rebuilt before. I used parts off two different lanterns for this rebuild. It came out pretty good. The pictures will take you from start to finish.

Comment

Job well done Mike.

Comment

What did you use to clean the internals with? (stuff in the orange tote)

Looks like a good job to me

Comment

I bet he used Coke.

Comment

That looks great Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              What did you use to clean the internals with? (stuff in the orange tote)

Looks like a good job to me
                              Probably mustard.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                                I bet he used Coke.
                                Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                Probably mustard.
                                Did I miss something?

I have went back and looked twice but didn't see where it said

Coke I could believe, but then the mustard comment makes me think I am overlooking something?????

Comment

Working...
                                X