Son’s Double Droptine Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son’s Double Droptine Buck

I’m blessed to have two sons that love hunting as much as I do. We spend as much time outdoors as we can. This past weekend is one we will never forget.

We hunt a place in Crockett County between Ozona and Sheffield. There are no feeders or blinds on the property. Lots of time spent sitting on high spots and canyon rims glassing for movement. We have enjoyed watching the quality of bucks grow over the last 5 or 6 years since we have tried to manage it the best we can. Two years ago, my youngest son got to witness his older brother and I make a 900 yard stalk to get within 200 yards of a nice 10 point buck that big brother made a great shot on off my shoulder. (First two pictures)

This past weekend the younger brother had the luck. We were riding around in our Ranger looking for deer. I spotted a buck standing in the road munching on some corn we had thrown out the day before. At first glance, I noticed the forked G2. I thought that was cool because that is not a gene we have seen on the place. As he raised his head to look at us, I noticed the drops. I told him to shoot that deer. He was able to get on him quickly and make a great “quartering to” shot at 160 yards with his 243.

He is still on cloud 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Good job , boys and dad.
    Beautiful bucks

Comment

Goodness, what a great buck....bucks.

Comment

Wow! Incredible bucks! Congrats to them

Comment

Those are some great bucks! I love that double drop! Congrats to the young man!

Comment

My dream buck is a double drop tine. Congrats to your boy. Gonna be hard to top that one

Comment

Good stuff. That’s a great buck....Hard to beat a double drop. Congrats again to y’all.

Comment

awesome...

Comment

Interesting that y'all have had the place 5 or 6 years and don't have stands or feeders on the property. Do you feed protein? You mentioned you "tried to manage it the best we can". How so?

Comment

Very nice, congrats all around.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck.

Comment

That’s one great looking deer love the drops !!

Comment

awesome! well done Dad...

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Love the double drop. My dream buck too. Congrats to you and your sons.

Comment

Working...
                              X