Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    Do any of the Wilbarger County brotherhood have any experience w/ feeding Horns Plus in the area? Our rancher has bought a bunch of bulk corn i can use. I'm thinking of using a combination of protein, corn, and Horns Plus in a timed Boss Buck protein feeder as an attractant during the season. Do Wilbarger County deer eat Horns Plus? Any insight is appreciated.
    Mike we have put out cotton seed, mineral blocks, salt blocks, molassis tubs, acorn rage blocks, thrown rice brand and they never touch any of it. Lay down the yellow brick road of corn and they come runnin

Comment

Young County here, between Jacksboro and Olney. First year on this place, I’m excited to say the least.

Comment

abcdj.............. HOLY SHeIT!! that ones a stud

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Mike we have put out cotton seed, mineral blocks, salt blocks, molassis tubs, acorn rage blocks, thrown rice brand and they never touch any of it. Lay down the yellow brick road of corn and they come runnin
          That's been pretty much my experience as well. I just hadn't tried Horns Plus. Going to start using the road feeder next weekend. Really looking forward to the season. My son and i have jumped hogs, pretty decent sized ones, in grass each of the last two trips out. Luckily the pigs have just run away. We have to start remembering to take a pistol, shotgun, or something into the field with us. Jumping a pig at 20' is not fun. Grass so tall you just can't see the bastages.

Comment

D Mo was right about the broomweed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Sure triggers a lot of pictures.

We have some kind of weed/tree this year I have not seen before. It is 7-8 foot tall and thick in areas. Can't see squat!

Comment

How’s the acorn outlook near Jacksboro? I forgot to look at the oaks last time I was st my lease.

I’m not seeing very many at home.

Comment

I would love to see some doves right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                    I would love to see some doves right now!
                    We were loaded with birds until that rain hit yesterday morning

Comment

Acorns are thick on every oak, bumper crop coming....
                      Horns look nice too. Hunt hard first 3 weeks then hunt the oaks

Comment

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-14-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

We mowed for 6 hrs at 3 blinds last weekend. In my experience, the deer HATE walking in that stuff, throw in a huge mast crop, and they can almost dissapear by November.

Get a blind or two ready back in the thick stuff, and start hand feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              We were loaded with birds until that rain hit yesterday morning
                              We were there 2 weeks ago and couldn't find a dove with a search warrant. Yall killed a coupla rattlers I saw
                              How much rain did we get?

Comment

My sister lives in Wichita Falls she said it rained 3” Friday and from the look of my lease it probably rained that much there too .

Comment

Working...
                                X