No announcement yet.

First HF hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck and have fun! Time spent together is worth it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
      I have no problem with the fence, go have fun! High fence doesn’t always mean easy. I could tell you about my good friend who has hunted a buck 3 weekends in a high fence place and has yet to see the deer!
      I can tell you about a 230-240 class buck seen last year, haven't seen him since
      but I know where he beds

Comment

I love hunting new places!! Have fun!!!

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            I have no problem with the fence, go have fun! High fence doesn’t always mean easy. I could tell you about my good friend who has hunted a buck 3 weekends in a high fence place and has yet to see the deer!
            This right here...we hunt a HF place in South Texas (all native genetics) and i can assure you it’s not easy. It’s not huge, but not small...good luck and enjoy the time with your pops!

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
              Remember just because it is in a high fence doesn't mean the deer aren't wild or smart
              I learned that lesson the hard way. Lol

Comment

Just enjoy the time you get to spend with your Dad . There will come a time ..............

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I'll do my best to make it a live hunt, not sure what kind of service I will have down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Good luck and have fun!

HF/LF it doesn’t matter. You will have haters and jealousy on both sides. Soak in the time with your dad!
                      Well said
                      I just don’t understand the negative comments on the high fence hunting. It’s all about the experience & spending time with your dad. Make the most of it. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Remember just because it is in a high fence doesn't mean the deer aren't wild or smart
                            This! I made the mistake of passing on a monster Axis on my first HF hunt. I thought, man if I have seen this guy in the first 10 minutes, this place is crawling with them. Never saw another for three more days!

Don’t pass up on the first day, what you would gladly shoot the last day!

Comment

A very underrated statement. I've hunted multiple bucks on our place that we'd only see once or twice a year. The deer are still wild and the hunt is still fun.

Comment

Just got back from my first HF hunt. I always said that I would never do it. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be for sure. Had to hunt hard to get a chance at a mature buck. I got lucky and scored one, but a couple of the other guys that were with me didn't...

Comment

Working...
                                X