Ruger American Predator Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American Predator Stock

So I picked up a 25-06 predator a few months back and love the way it shoots. It shoot as good as my custom guns but with factory ammo. But the problem is I hate the stock. Is there anything in the works for an aftermarket stock besides a B&C?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Boyd’s
    MDT-lss
    Magpul

Comment

My buddy put a Boyd’s At-One on his. Said it shoots even better

Comment

I put 3 PVC tubes in my stock and then filled around them with a lb of Rockite. Feels a lot better now. Didn't want to spend more on the stock than I did the whole gun. I like it for the $8 I spent on it. Also added cheek pad.
        Last edited by makotex; 02-28-2018, 04:03 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

I am waiting for the Magpul. Some folks hate the way it looks tho. I think it looks awesome. It is supposed to be out in the next few months. I feel kind of silly putting a $300 stock on a $400 gun but I love everything about the gun so I am going to go for it.

Comment

I want them to make a **** long action stock for the american.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              I want them to make a **** long action stock for the american.
              I was also curious about that. I guess it is a numbers thing........ I would imagine the aftermarket stock manufactures found out how many long actions have been sold and it must have been much lower than the short actions. It must not be financially feasible for them would be my only guess.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Trying to figure out if I want to put some love into the factory stock, or go aftermarket. I am not exactly in love with what the aftermarket is offering at the moment... I could really go for a dark green/black synthetic stock that is just basic.

Comment

It literally takes 20 minutes to fix the stock. An 1/8” drill bit and some rockite is all you need to do to the fore end. Assuming it’s free floated. If not, add another 10-15 to wallow out the barrel channel. I also added rockite in the buttstock after setting a couple of pieces of 3/8” tubing to put a cheek riser bolts through. Made my riser from some kydex. It’s heavy and stiff now.

Comment

Spend $150 on a Boyds laminate stock, bed the "V Blocks" and you are good to go.

Comment

I have 2 Boyd's stocks and they are great.
                      I recently bought another Predator and plan on getting the Magpul stock but until it comes out I have made modifications to the original stock to make it stiffer and heavier for now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bell and Carlson does not offer anything for the Ruger American Predator at this time, I emailed them last night and they just got back with me.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          Bell and Carlson does not offer anything for the Ruger American Predator at this time, I emailed them last night and they just got back with me.

I thought the only difference with the predator was the barrel inletting. That's and easy fix.

Comment

Put a Boyd's on my son's but be aware it will add weight.

Comment

Just an alternative.... I was with you have the predator in .308

Added a Bradley Carbon Fiber adjustable cheek riser.... and love it. Even got it in green to go with existing stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X