Box blind or pop up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box blind or pop up?

I usually hunt from a tree but am thinking of putting up an enclosed ground blind in an area where there aren't any suitable trees. Can I keep a pop up out from October to January in East Texas and expect to get two or three years out of it, or am I better off building something more permanent? I like the idea of being able to easily move the popup each year if needed, but not sure how long it will last me.

You might get a few years from a pop up if left out all year, but it WILL fade. I had my Bone Collector Ameristep out from August to January. Brought it home after season and set it out this year in August and it has really faded bad. Along with the loops that are sagging so bad the windows wont even stay closed. There is NO green at all left on it.

I am thinking of building a box myself.

Comment

I've got a turtle blind with the tented windows. Hard to beat.

Comment

I'm going to use some hogwire type stuff and build a square or circle blind and brunch it up good before next season

Comment

I've left my double bull blind out most of the last 6 seasons and although it has faded a lot it functions good as new. This year I added some military type leafy netting over it and I think it looks better than ever. That said, if someone has built a good bowhunting blind I'm interested in seeing some pictures and hearing tips on building it. I've built several blinds for gun hunting but none of them would work very well for bow hunting.

Comment

Working...
          X