Help me build out my new (used) compound bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z7EXTREMIST View Post
    Dual caliper has 2 jaws that open up while single is just that. as far as buckle vs velcro, I prefer buckle. It's a lot quieter. Good luck to you.
    Thanks man...

I'm kinda leaning towards the dual caliper, buckle model Scott shark. Your post confirmed I am headed in the correct direction.

Thnx again...

Comment

Originally posted by xbowhunter View Post
      ok so i am a noob, it's either a whisker biscuit or an arrow rest as linked above by ragin, correct?

The limbdriver looks cool and expensive...
      $100

Comment

I prefer a buckle cuz you can strap the release in the same spot every time. And I like a hook style release. If your lookin for arrows find a dealer with gold tip arrows and get the warrior series. They are a decent affordable carbon shaft. Sights just go with a 3 pin and set it up 20,30,40. Which are most hunting distances. And I would bite the bullet and buy a limb driver. You will literally never need another rest unless you buy a new bow and want to buy another pro v to put in it too!

Comment

Thanks csmith. That better explains the buckle fit for me. Consistency...

As far as the limbdriver goes I can accept what U and ragin are saying. Tell u guys what... Lemme build out this bow with everything to get it operational and me actually shooting it. Once I get that far, u guys and their video clips have convinced me the limbdriver is an upgrade that makes a difference.

Comment

No prob bud. And for a peep sight get you a 1/4 meta peep or radical peep.

Comment

All sights are going to do pretty much the same thing, it just depends what you want. No matter what get a .019 pin or smaller. This helps with accuracy. May want to try a cobra single pin slider sight. Single pin is easier to shoot IMO. Also, I use a $3 carbon express peep sight, and it is fine. You don't need to spend more than $30 on a stabilizer, unless you are overly sensitive to balancing your bow. If your whisker biscuit ends up not working, and you don't want to drop coin on a drop away, go with an octane hostage rest, can find them for $11 on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                No prob bud. And for a peep sight get you a 1/4 meta peep or radical peep.
                Thanks... Appreciate ya..

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                  All sights are going to do pretty much the same thing, it just depends what you want. No matter what get a .019 pin or smaller. This helps with accuracy. May want to try a cobra single pin slider sight. Single pin is easier to shoot IMO. Also, I use a $3 carbon express peep sight, and it is fine. You don't need to spend more than $30 on a stabilizer, unless you are overly sensitive to balancing your bow. If your whisker biscuit ends up not working, and you don't want to drop coin on a drop away, go with an octane hostage rest, can find them for $11 on eBay.
                  Wow, cool, thanks for the info...

Off to research some what u mentioned

Comment

I have a Team Extreme sight that is basically brand new, only reason I'm selling is because I just bought a new one and this one came with the used bow I bought, $50 TYD!

Comment

Originally posted by WesTex1 View Post
                      I have a Team Extreme sight that is basically brand new, only reason I'm selling is because I just bought a new one and this one came with the used bow I bought, $50 TYD!
                      What model?

Comment

Get on Archery Talk.com to buy used stuff if you can't find it here. Some good deals there and lots of variety.

Comment

I tell you what, I'm visiting my Grandpa who is ill, so I'm out of town, but once I get home, I'll get you the specs, it's a nice sight, very light, and if you want it I'll just ship it to you all free of charge, just pay it forward to someone someday!

Comment

Originally posted by WesTex1 View Post
                            I tell you what, I'm visiting my Grandpa who is ill, so I'm out of town, but once I get home, I'll get you the specs, it's a nice sight, very light, and if you want it I'll just ship it to you all free of charge, just pay it forward to someone someday!
                            Wow, a generous offer, but I would expect to pay you something for it.

Lets talk when u r back in town

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Get on Archery Talk.com to buy used stuff if you can't find it here. Some good deals there and lots of variety.
                              I keep finding myself reading threads over there I find thru google. I should just join up...

Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                Slap a whisker biscuit on it, can't believe I just said that........I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
                                Yes until he can upgrade. Oh I'm whoozy now! Where is Rocky n Shabow?!

Comment

Working...
                                X