good deal on hog hunts (bow or rifle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good deal on hog hunts (bow or rifle)

just came across this, thought someone may be interested. I have been to the place and it is awesome on all accounts

4.9 ⭐Reviews (280) Top-rated hog hunting ranch in Texas. Tired of Hidden Fees & Fake Discounts? Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch offers affordable hog hunts with No Hidden fees or surprise charges. This is a true all-inclusive Texas hog hunt at a reasonable price.

Looks like a good place. It's got my wheels spinnin'!

Comment

A Finally A Smart Blonde Joke

A blonde walks into a New York City Bank and asks for the loan officer.She says she is going to Europe on business for 2 weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.The bank officer says he will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a brand new Porsche parked out the front of the bank.With the title and paper work all checked out, the bank agrees to accept the car as security for the loan.The loan officer drives the new Porsche into the bank's underground garage and park's it there.Two week's later the blonde returns, repays the $5,000's she loaned, and $15.40 interest that accumulated. The loan officer approaches the blonde and says "We here at the bank are very happy that this transaction has worked out,..World Of Warcraft gold is *** ****, but while you were away, I checked you out, and I'm a little puzzled. I found out that you are a multi-millionaire. What puzzles me is why you would bother to borrow $5,000.The blonde replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for 15 bucks(美元)?"

Comment

I saw that on another forum. Looks like a good deal.

Comment

Dos Plumas

Beware! I hunted this place last year for pigs and whitetail. I have got to say, it's the worst place I've ever hunted and will NEVER return. First of all, they claim to have I believe it's like 2000 acres. They don't tell you that they're spread out over two counties. 20 acre pasture here, 10 acre pasture there and so forth.
          The day I arrived, there was four guys from out of state that were there on their 3rd day hunting pigs and goats. After hearing a couple of them talk about their dissapointment, I started to have second thoughts. Few minutes after I arrived, the other two came back to camp with a goat that must of had 2 or 3 inch horns on it. The one who shot kept claiming that his sights must have been off because he was aiming at the big one next to the little one that he shot. Let me tell you, If i came in from out of state and didn't see anything for 3 days, my sights would have been off too.
          That evening I was taken to my stand with two other hunters. We dropped off the first guy and drove throught some empty fields took back roads and finally came to a stop. The "Guide" came to a stop and told the second guy, "go through the barbed wire fence, around the water and look to your right, you should see your stand there. We never went through any gates and nothing to show that we were on their property. It looked like we were jumping fences to hunt on someones property. Then the ride began, we drove about 15 to 20 miles to my stand. And if I wouldnt have asked, I wouldnt have known we were in another county. Imagine filling out a tag with the wrong county name on it. As we were driving, the "guide" kept saying how they pride themselves on stand placement. As a bowhunter, I like my stand to be concealed. Well, we turned into an empty field by a river and as we got close to my location about 60 yards away I spotted a quadpod. I asked "thats not my stand, is it?" His reply was, wait til you get in there, youll really like it! Well, I got in the stand. Had a tree behind me that didnt really cover anything. A feeder about 25 yards out that had a trail leading into it. Woods were really thick but once something walked out of that trail, the stand was right in front with no cover. I tried to get him to move it but he claimed that it was too late to be moving stuff around. After a few minutes on there, i decided to get off, collect brush and make a natural ground blind. Darkness came and as my "guide" pulled up he must have seen me from 60 yards out that his first question was "did you find him?" Find him? Didn't even see him, i replied.
          That area was pretty small, I have a fence about 30 yds behind me, an empty field about 15 yds to one side, the river with an empty field across it to the other and a road no more than 100yds in front.
          After picking up the other two guys, we heard the same story. No tracks and no animals sighted.
          The next morning was a little of the same. I was taken to a different pasture, not sure in what county. On our way up there, the "guide" was bragging about how the biggest buck harvested the previous year was taken from this pasture. He went on to say that if the guys from Realtree ever came to hunt with them, this is the pasture they'd hunt. Ha ha ha, who are they kidding!
          Once on the stand, it had great cover around it but the feeder was empty. Again, no animals. Around 930, i got off the stand and zig zagged through the property. No tracks, no scat, no rubs, no scrapes, no nothing.
          That morning, I returned to camp along with the other hunters. Empty handed, all of us.
          I wasn't too happy with the operation or the pastures. After a short nap, I decided to pack my bags and cut my losses short. I had an extra evening to hunt but decided not to waste my time.
          Looking at their website and seeing how many different species they offer, hogs, deer, buffalo, rams, oryx, red deer, black buck, fallow, turkey and dove, the only one I recommend is dove. I saw plenty of those.
          That's my bad experience at his place. I think I'll stick to the places that I know and have been successful at.
          Good luck!

Comment

Cool , Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X