almost there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost there!

Shot my new Insanity today got my groups in tight, pins all good 20,30,40,50,60(4"). Strapped on a slick trick magnum for the first time. Probably 4 inches to the right at 30.. Maybe too much spine reaction. I dont want to lower my # any more (65#) and i cant cut my arrows any shorter they are 24 3/4 on my 26" draw. Think I could do it with an arrow switch? Currently shooting Beeman MFX 400 Bone Collectors.

maybe an arrow out there thats a little stiffer?

Comment

Try walk back tuning and then broad head tuning before you throw away some money that isnt necessary!

Comment

Would have that you should be in the 340 spine??

Comment

Shoot it through paper and see of your getting a good tear. You can tune that bow with the cables, check your lean.

Comment

Typical... thats why Im shooting expandables now..

Comment

by the numbers i think your spine is fine. sounds like you just need to do a little tuning.

Comment

What kind of tuning? Lowering the # or what? My fp are driving nails

Comment

if your field points are grouping that's a great start and a good indicator that you don't have any serious tuning issues. more often than not adjustments have to be made to center shot and/ nocking point to get broadheads and field points to impact the same. i use the easton tuning guide, it covers the foundation pretty well. you can download a copy from their site. there is a section on broadhead tuning that will get you moving in the right direction.
                  Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 08-28-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                    What kind of tuning? Lowering the # or what? My fp are driving nails
                    What I have always done is; shoot 3 arrows all with your 20 yard pin from 20, 30, and 40 yards one arrow at each yardage. Ideally you want them to be all in a vertical line, but in reality it will probably be a diagonal line until corrected. When you see them in a diagonal line make minor rest adjustments in a direction until it fixes it. If you go one way and it gets worse ( the diagonal angle of your arrows get steeper) then simply go the other direction

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Oh and the tuning I posted above will make you have to re adjust your windage but your elevation should be the same

Comment

Thank you for the help guys, just kida hard for me because I live on ft hood and dont have a close place to shoot broad heads. The on-base range is fp only so I gotta make a good drive to shoot bh, and then I am still limited on the range I shoot, is there a good distance that if I can connect my fp and bh impact spots that it will be good at the further distances?

Comment

I would say just your hunting distance or to the max distance you would ever shoot an animal at. And if the walk back tuning doesn't fix your problem, to check and see if it's a spine issue, turn down your bow to 60 lbs and if they hit together your arrow is to weak. But I have a feeling it should work without messing with the poundage!

Comment

Modern bows can give you good groups with field points even if your bow is not perfectly tuned. You need to at least walk-back tune the bow, and at your earliest convenience broad-head tune if you plan to hunt with the bow. The alternative is to just change your sight pins for broad-head point of impact before hunting. I personally like my broad heads and field points hitting the same spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X