Victory VAP 400 Ice Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory VAP 400 Ice Finish

Whats up green screen... I am currently shooting ICS Hunters and have made the move to the speeds... then I come across this arrow.. wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on these arrows?

The Rig

Bowtech Captain
    29" draw
    27.5" arrow
    Rage Extreme Broadhead
    68 pound draw...

I shoot that arrow, it shoots well. Penetrates very good because of the special insert, and lack of friction after arrow enters target. It is a very light arrow, 6.1 grains per inch. If that doesn't bother you then you will be fine and like it just as i do.

Comment

the shorter you can cut it the stiffer it will get and thus the higher the poundage it can be shot on
      but you have a lot of draw length already
      the 400's are 7.1 but you might find them to be a just a touch on the weak side off of a harder cam but the captain would be a good fit
      i have helped a lot of people get the most out of there bows speed accuracy comfort
      PM me if you would like some more clear thoughts

good shooting

Comment

I shoot the VAP 300 with the 43 grain insert. They penetrate more than well. You better have a good target and it won't take long to need a target behind the target. I bought a crossbow target so I wouldn't drive my arrows to the fletching everytime.

I shoot a 68# Elite Pulse
        Draw length is 28"
        arrow is 28.5"
        Slick Trick Mag's

Total arrow weight is 427 grains and I'm still shooting 287 fps.

I shot a young red stag at 35 yards in a spot and stalk situation. My arrow was finally found about 40 yards on the other side of where the stag was. I double lunged him and broke two ribs too.

Comment

Working...
        X