G5 t3 q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 t3 q?

i was given a pack of these and i am sighted in to shoot those and the muzzy 4 blade. having never shot an expandable my question to you guys is, how close does the practice head shoot to the actual heads?..do i need to shoot the actual heads too?...i would think that a target would mess them up somehow.

I would shoot a real one a few times to check. I will also say when they first came out I tried them. Blades failed to deploy. Stick with the Muzzy

Comment

They fly the same as the normal head. The only difference is the blades are made to not deploy. You could break or bend the blades when removing it from the target. Just shoot the practice head and you will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
        Stick with the Muzzy
        X2!

Comment

Shot some coons with em. Deployed fine. Left a HUGE hole. I mean 4" in diameter with guts hanging out. Never used em on anything bigger though.

Comment

Absolutely love the T3. never had a problem with them and yes they fly just like a field point. I have never had it happen but if for some reason the blades didnt open u still get an inch cut

Comment

ill never give up my muzzys....they stay in the quiver always...thinkin about givin these a try on a pig

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
                ill never give up my muzzys....they stay in the quiver always...thinkin about givin these a try on a pig
                I don't think you will be disappointed in their performance on any animal.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend them for a whitetail, they're loud. I bought a pack last year and you could hear them at the target 40 yards away. Shot 2 javelina with them and one is still in my broadhead box. Do a lot of damage just too loud for whitetail IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
                    I wouldn't recommend them for a whitetail, they're loud. I bought a pack last year and you could hear them at the target 40 yards away. Shot 2 javelina with them and one is still in my broadhead box. Do a lot of damage just too loud for whitetail IMHO.
                    I've shot numerous deer with the t3 and they have worked flawlessly. They are my primary mechanical head. I've never had one make any noise and I've smoked a number of deer with them. Large entrance wounds.

Any well tuned bow is going to shoot the head well.

Last minute hunt lot of fun and took my second largest deer!!! 180 7/8

Both these deer were dead within 45 yards, the smaller deer was shot at around 27 yards from about 12 feet up . . . . . no sound.

long video's just forward to the kill shot, you can hear on the slow mo that it's not any louder then any other broadhead. Candidly I think they make less noise then a slick trick

Comment

Well we will just agree to disagree. Any time I shoot a broadhead and can hear it at 40 yards I'm not risking a shot at a whitetail with it. My bow was tuned greatly. Granted I'm shooting 335 fps so that may be the difference...

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                        I've shot numerous deer with the t3 and they have worked flawlessly. They are my primary mechanical head. I've never had one make any noise and I've smoked a number of deer with them. Large entrance wounds.

Any well tuned bow is going to shoot the head well.

Last minute hunt lot of fun and took my second largest deer!!! 180 7/8

Both these deer were dead within 45 yards, the smaller deer was shot at around 27 yards from about 12 feet up . . . . . no sound.

long video's just forward to the kill shot, you can hear on the slow mo that it's not any louder then any other broadhead. Candidly I think they make less noise then a slick trick
                        x1

Comment

on that first deer why didnt you get any penetration?...that didnt give me a warm and fuzzy feelin...

Comment

If you are not feelin it about those heads I will send you the postage and you can send them to me.

Comment

got a buddy at work that wants em....

Comment

Working...
                              X