Broken Trophy Ridge FireWire V5, X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Trophy Ridge FireWire V5, X2

I just had my SECOND Trophy Ridge sight break on me. Has any one had any issues with their sights breaking? I was like on my 20th shot and as soon as I released the sight broke . I had an identical sight to this one that broke about 2 months ago in the exact same spot. I like the Trophy Ridge sights, but now I don't know if I would want to try another one. Any suggestions???
    Attached Files

A couple more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if over torquing the locking bolt is leading to this. Sure looks like it is cranked pretty hard. Sorry it broke, but I bet they replace it for ya. Personally I would move to another brand.

Comment

Are you over tightening the screw? Man thats kinda weird.

Comment

I think if I were over tightening the screw it would have broken to the side of the clamp, not the arm. I did tighten it up a bit though, it kept coming loose and sliding on me. I just didn't think it was all that tight. But I still think it would've broken on the clamping side and not the support side. Does that make sense???

Comment

I have dealt with their customer service. Call them and send them a pic and they will gladly replace it!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT FOLKS AT TROPHY RIDGE!!!

Ty

Comment

Thanks, Ty!!! I just got the Phone # and I'll email them the pics. Just hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing. What issues did you have, if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

One quick phone call and replacement is on its way . No hassles or explanations needed. Just asked for address and that was it. Trophy Ridge has Awesome CS, just wish this one lasts.

Comment

That's why I use trophy ridge products!

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                    Thanks, Ty!!! I just got the Phone # and I'll email them the pics. Just hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing. What issues did you have, if you don't mind me asking.
                    I had a whisker biscuit kinda come apart

Comment

get the micro alpha v5 then.. it wont break.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                        I had a whisker biscuit kinda come apart
                        so quick replacement for you too?

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                          get the micro alpha v5 then.. it wont break.
                          Is a different material used or just a better clamp???

Comment

I have had the same one for a very long time and no problems at all thats crazy, im sure they will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by CircleTHD View Post
                              I have had the same one for a very long time and no problems at all thats crazy, im sure they will replace it.
                              That's what Trophy Ridge said they would do.

Comment

Working...
                              X