No announcement yet.

Will a new release effect your groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you start second guessing yourself read this, depending on what type release it is and how it turns loose from the string will change your impact point, center release , release that has one fixed jaw, rope release.
    Do not mess with your anchor point ,yet, .
    You changed two things, release ,and fletching , go back to your original release and shoot some groups ,that will tell you if it is the fletching , if thats ok
    you know its the release.
    Ron
    When I had my shop folks drove me nuts changing a bunch of things at once, try one thing at a time makes life a whole lot simpler and easy to trouble shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      I use the Scott silverhorn and love it. If you have a pro shop near you, go shoot one. You will buy it!
      Your killing me....I just dropped $100+ on this release!

Comment

Originally posted by stick and strin View Post
        Before you start second guessing yourself read this, depending on what type release it is and how it turns loose from the string will change your impact point, center release , release that has one fixed jaw, rope release.
        Do not mess with your anchor point ,yet, .
        You changed two things, release ,and fletching , go back to your original release and shoot some groups ,that will tell you if it is the fletching , if thats ok
        you know its the release.
        Ron
        When I had my shop folks drove me nuts changing a bunch of things at once, try one thing at a time makes life a whole lot simpler and easy to trouble shoot.
        This sounds logical. I'll try that. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by J Dub View Post
          This sounds logical. I'll try that. Thanks for the info
          Now quit staring at Lauras butt!!!!!!

Comment

haha

Comment

why not just re-sight the bow and keep shooting with that release.

don't need to go through all those gyrations, you connect to the bow at two points, the grip and the release.

you changed half that equation . . . . be happy it's on a couple of inches and just re-sight.

Comment

Crap....I'm staring again

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Now quit staring at Lauras butt!!!!!!
                  Why it's better than lookin in the mirrow for him!!!!

Comment

Ragin' Me too, Scotts all the way.

Comment

Scott Release

Comment

My bows shoot different with a single caliper as opposed to dual caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebryan View Post
                          i hate to hijack but what releases have you guys had good luck with? im shooting an el cheapo 13$ release from walmart and have had good luck with it and it fits me well. Im looking to upgrade and havent seen one that i like the feel of yet.
                          Tru-Fire Edge Hybrid Foldback. Look it up on their website. A bit pricey, but worth every penny. I have two of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X