Bow sight question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow sight question.

I have a bow sight with an adjustable bracket that allows me to set the sight up close to the riser, or way out in front like those high dollar target sights. It's a 6 pin made by Apex IIRC. With that setup, which setting would make my pin gaps wider, close to the bow, or way out front? Just curious because my bow is fast enough that setting a 20 and 30 yard pin puts them so close together that they are touching at the bases meaning no more adjustment. It's not fast enough though, imo, to just use one pin for those two ranges. I'm wondering if adjusting the bracket to set the sight out further or closer in, might make a difference.

Farther from riser will increase pin gap.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Farther from riser will increase pin gap.

Comment

Thank you sirs.

Comment

Further should make you more accurate as well. Same goes for open sights on a gun, longer the sight base, the more accurate/precise you can be. Think of a rifle compared to a pistol

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
            Further should make you more accurate as well. Same goes for open sights on a gun, longer the sight base, the more accurate/precise you can be. Think of a rifle compared to a pistol
            But,... also creates a shakier sight picture, and each pin covers less yardage.
            There are trade-offs for every advantage.

Comment

Yep what they said.

But I like to get the sight as far away as I possibly can.

Comment

Working...
              X