Stealth Cam picture quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth Cam picture quality?

I’ve got a px22 that I had up for the last 2 months or so at my FIL’s little 15 acres I get to hunt and got him to pull the card and send it to me. Is this typical Stealth Cam quality? There’s no definition in any of the photos, you can’t zoom in at all and really tell anything, and the IR is so bright at night that you can’t really tell any kind of detail at night either. Maybe I’m just expecting too much out of it, but I’ve used some cheap WGI cameras before that the picture quality was better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by quackadikt; 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM.

Try moving the camera closer to the feeder

Comment

I thought that might have been a problem too, but even when animals are 15' from the camera(like that next to last picture), it still takes crappy pictures.

Comment

I don't have any stealth cams, but I'd call that a crappy camera...

Comment

Every brand has a lot of lemons in them seems like doesn’t matter the brand ..

Comment

We've run them for years. The last batch we got produces pictures similar to yours. Not impressed. The previous ones we used were much better...

New cameras that are similar to your quality:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0373.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24554678

Cameras from a few years ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0589.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	24554679

Comment

I would return it and get one of the lower end browning's for the same price.

I think Moultrie makes decent cheap cameras too.

Comment

I run about a dozen various model Stealth Cams. They all take similar pics to yours. I am ok with the pic quality. Not like I am saving the pics and framing them. They get deleted after looking at them.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  I would return it and get one of the lower end browning's for the same price.

I think Moultrie makes decent cheap cameras too.

It was a gift...and I’d bet it was clearanced out knowing the gift giver.

Comment

make sure the image quality settings are on highest level

Comment

I have a couple of px14 and they take good pics (or maybe I'm easily satisfied)

Comment

The p- models have a different operating system than the g- series . I think the g-series are better.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                          The p- models have a different operating system than the g- series . I think the g-series are better.
                          I dropped a g30 in the mail to him as soon as I finished looking at the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                          X