Cajun cabbage casserole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cajun cabbage casserole

I had a request for this from Houstonhunter94 so thought I would share it with everyone.

Ingredients
    1 head cabbage
    1 box Zatarains jambalaya rice mix
    1 pd ground meat, deer or beef
    1 med. onion
    1 bell pepper
    1 can Rotel

First, open a cold Budweiser,
    Brown meat with diced onion and bell pepper, drain grease if there is much, if not much grease just leave it. Open another Barley pop. Add rotel and mix well. Meanwhile, dice cabbage roughly and salt and pepper it to your liking. Open another one... now in heavy pot or dutch oven start with half the meat mixture, half the jambalaya mix and half the cabbage. repeat same process, add about 2 cups water bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cover with lid, don't stir or look at it just let it steam for 30 to 40 minutes till rice is done. Mix well and enjoy with Garlic bread and more Budweiser.

Tip: I sprinkle each layer with a little Tony's or Zatarains seasoning if you like it spicy.

Enjoy, if you have any questions let me know.

Yep, that looks like a recipe I could follow. Thanks!!

Comment

that sounds awesome.

Comment

Sounds good other than the cold buttwiper!

Originally posted by Duke1227 View Post
        I had a request for this from Houstonhunter94 so thought I would share it with everyone.

Ingredients
        1 head cabbage
        1 box Zatarains jambalaya rice mix
        1 pd ground meat, deer or beef
        1 med. onion
        1 bell pepper
        1 can Rotel

First, open a cold Buttwiper,
        Brown meat with diced onion and bell pepper, drain grease if there is much, if not much grease just leave it. Open another Barley pop. Add rotel and mix well. Meanwhile, dice cabbage roughly and salt and pepper it to your liking. Open another one... now in heavy pot or dutch oven start with half the meat mixture, half the jambalaya mix and half the cabbage. repeat same process, add about 2 cups water bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cover with lid, don't stir or look at it just let it steam for 30 to 40 minutes till rice is done. Mix well and enjoy with Garlic bread and more Budweiser.

Tip: I sprinkle each layer with a little Tony's or Zatarains seasoning if you like it spicy.

Enjoy, if you have any questions let me know.

Comment

Gonna have to try this

Comment

I tried this tonight and it was good. I did use Oak Grove Creole Jambalaya mix as I prefer it and added about half a pack of good sliced smoked sausage. Will definitely do again.

Comment

Working...
            X