2020 public land deer pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 public land deer pictures

Please only post pictures of deer that you have put in time to pattern with scouting and effort. If it's in, around, or near a feeder/bait station it doesn't count.

Attached Files

Comment

I’m not believing it, if the GPS coordinates aren’t on the post too...

Comment

I do think this would be cool to see and maybe get more people in the woods, even though that’s not ideal for a public land hunter. I’m on the other end of the spectrum with a HF and lazy feeder watching, but really do appreciate public land hunting. I do think that a big public land deer is the hardest and most under appreciated trophy deer.

Comment

Where is this?

Comment

Here are a few of my favorites from the past few years. Getting them on camera is one thing; getting an arrow in them is another! But fun to look at either way.These are all north Texas public land.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few from this summer! One camera's dates/times were wrong. There are plenty of opportunities at big bucks on public land!
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I see you use a scrape dripper.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Oh, I see you use a scrape dripper.
                  In some cases yes. I usually just hang cameras on existing scrapes. Sometimes I'll put a dripper over an existing scrape to freshen it up or I'll create a mock scrape.

Comment

With the gras patches above, how do you guys keep from taking a million photos of blowing weeds?

What settings are you running on cams?

Comment

In spots that have higher weeds, I'll try to knock down as much as I can. Some cameras are a little more sensitive than others. I get plenty of pics of nothing but some cameras don't trigger false pics as much as others. My of my settings are high sensitivity with 5-10 sec delay.

Comment

I'll let y'all know when I pull my SD card tomorrow!

Comment

are drippers considered baiting in TX?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                            are drippers considered baiting in TX?
                            Not on national forest land.

Comment

I see most of your cameras are at ground level. Your hiding them pretty good? I generally carry a climbing stick and place mine around 10-12 feet. I have a swivel attachment that allows me to angle my camera appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                              X