Unused Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Looking at OnX there are a lot of tracts from 15-200 acres or larger around me listed as state of Tx. It would be nice if I could at least explore these places
    I agree. As state residents we should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Because TPW does not make money off of places like Meredith. Then they screw up the places they do take over. In the form of, places that anyone used to be able to hunt, whenever they wanted, once TPW takes over, good luck every getting to hunt that place again. But TPW will collect lots of money every year, with people buy tickets trying to get on the place.

Any public land that is not currently open to hunting, that could be, it would be much better if some Federal agency opened that land for hunting, than TPW. Their drawings suck.
      Agree

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they still have homestead laws on the books, if so why can,t just go to state government land and build a little house kinda hidden ,think I,ll look into it, I know the land would be out west somewhere, Davis mountains sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by dimeboxbill View Post
            Do they still have homestead laws on the books, if so why can,t just go to state government land and build a little house kinda hidden ,think I,ll look into it, I know the land would be out west somewhere, Davis mountains sounds good to me
            I think they do in Alaska

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              TRCP is going to be your best bet for an organization in Texas that would work to open up that land. I wouldn't bother with BHA at this point, they seem to have all but gone away in Texas.
              Totally agree with working with TRCP to open up land opportunities, but I will say that Texas definitely has an active BHA chapter. They didn't do much in 2020 because of COVID, but had numerous events in 2019 and plan to continue doing things in the future as well. https://www.backcountryhunters.org/texas

Comment

Don't look NWR maps... the amount of federal refuge land that can't be accessed is unreal to me

Comment

Let’s organize and lobby

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                    Let’s organize and lobby
                    Using the vast amounts of power available to them, big tech has outlawed lobbying by anyone with a conservative goal.

Comment

very interesting read, have learned alot...

Comment

Originally posted by rysfade View Post
                        Totally agree with working with TRCP to open up land opportunities, but I will say that Texas definitely has an active BHA chapter. They didn't do much in 2020 because of COVID, but had numerous events in 2019 and plan to continue doing things in the future as well. https://www.backcountryhunters.org/texas
                        Yeah, and I attended most events in 2019 in the Houston area. It was mostly getting together and having beers, talking about guns and hunting. It's fun, but it's not advancing the ball.

When BHA tells me "the don't want to expend their political capital" re-opening up public land in March, April and May of 2020, I am sorry but BHA is dead to me.

FWIW, I am a life member of BHA.

Comment

Well I would be interested in helping out if y'all get something organized or going. No reason Texas can't operate like Western states with available land to hunt.

Comment

Do state biologists even want us hunting?

Comment

I don’t know why it couldn’t be APH? Run like Meredith.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                                I agree. As state residents we should be able to.
                                I was watching The Hunting Public channel on youtube and the guys had gone to oklahoma. One of them ended up killing a great buck on a track that was like 50-100 acres that most folks were overlooking because it was so small.
                                lots of those tracks in Tx if On X is accurate

Comment

Working...
                                X