Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Was about to ask the same question.

Rwc

I believe that’s 136 lol! 186 would’ve been all over Facebook already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        think i saw a discussion about this on Chap FB page.

Yeah, I just saw that too, but I’m not sure that is correct as those don’t look like abnormal points, but I’m 1) an amateur at scoring deer and 2) going off one photo.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
          I believe that’s 136 lol! 186 would’ve been all over Facebook already lol

Makes a tad more sense now.

Rwc

Comment

We are up to 15 on the board. Of course I forgot to take a pic. I believe the last couple were in the 130s.

Back at it this evening trying to get our last guy (MikeZ) on the board. He keeps picking the wrong stand or seeing deer beyond comfortable shooting range. He is in the stand where I shot the hog and MikeJ shot his deer. I saw a good 10 pointer in that stand about 30 mins before I shot the hog the other night so keeping fingers crossed.

MikeJ and I are set up near each other on a drainage that has a lot of hog sign and we’ve got at least one legitimate mgmt buck on camera multiple times. Getting down to crunch time. Another gorgeous evening and the wind is in my face.....

Comment

Since everyone likes pics, here’s the best I got from this morning. An 8 and a 9. The 9 was several inches outside the ears but wouldn’t have considered him a shooter.

Comment

And another pic for everyone. Shadows slowly starting to creep across the road. Just had the first deer pop out.

Comment

First one to dinner over here is the young 8 again.
                  Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Painfully long lesson. After sitting all day I get busted by a doe in the brush maybe 20y from me. She blew like crazy for a while. Hopefully something else comes out down range/up wind still.

If not, time to decide if I reuse this spot tomorrow morning or try another otherwise unknown sendero on the last day of the hunt. Not proud currently...

Comment

Well sounds like MikeZ fired. After multiple texts to him, all I got back was “yeah it was me”...... and nothing else. If we ever do this again (highly unlikely) I’m buying burner phones with AT&T for everybody in my group because this spotty service for some guys is killing me. Hope to have an update soon. I’ve deer popping out of the brush now.....

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
                        Painfully long lesson. After sitting all day I get busted by a doe in the brush maybe 20y from me. She blew like crazy for a while. Hopefully something else comes out down range/up wind still.

If not, time to decide if I reuse this spot tomorrow morning or try another otherwise unknown sendero on the last day of the hunt. Not proud currently...
                        Happens to us all. F*&king bitches, hahaha !!! Try not to over-think it. Had similar happen, and decided to move, regretted it big time.

....coffee in hand.....waiting with bated breath, caarunch time, folks....refreshing often...
                        Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-17-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                          Well sounds like MikeZ fired. After multiple texts to him, all I got back was “yeah it was me”...... and nothing else. If we ever do this again (highly unlikely) I’m buying burner phones with AT&T for everybody in my group because this spotty service for some guys is killing me. Hope to have an update soon. I’ve deer popping out of the brush now.....

That doesn’t sound promising

Comment

Deer found. We did a mad scramble to run over there and help track before dark. Decent deer but not a stud. Pics to follow shortly.

Comment

4-4 is pretty good! Congrats to him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                                4-4 is pretty good! Congrats to him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X