No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice start. You dang gun hunters have it made with the weather!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all have a picture of the compartments for the gun hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        Nice start. You dang gun hunters have it made with the weather!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Weather is supposed to be perfect this week. New moon... just need a big boy to cooperate. All four in our group saw decent 8s tonight but no definite shooters stepped out in range. MikeJ had over 10 does in front of him at one time. I saw bucks and does together and they weren’t showing a whole lot of interest in the ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With the cooler weather and rut kicking off hunt all day. There should be some monsters taken this week. Can't beat south Texas hunting during the rut.

Comment

GDE 2020 Map
            Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Good luck! Me and my dad were there for standby earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
                GDE 2020 Map
                Thanks bdubb !!!!

Comment

I’m in 10 and like everybody said it’s thick. They just bush hogged most of the roads in the compartment and I got a feeling I’ll be braking out the compressor before this one done.
                  Had 1 buck come out at last light. He was a nice heavy 10 but quite the one. Other than that 1 bobcat.

Comment

We are up and ready to go this morning. After watching him for over 30 minutes last night, I’m almost positive that wide deer was young, maybe only 3.5 years. Body, mass, tine height all said young. Just couldn’t believe his width. And what I believe was probably a 4.5 year old 8 pointer made him scoot just by looking at him. That deer will be an absolute stud in a couple of years.

Same game plan this morning. Will re-evaluate after that. Current temp 37 degs and no wind!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                      We are up and ready to go this morning. After watching him for over 30 minutes last night, I’m almost positive that wide deer was young, maybe only 3.5 years. Body, mass, tine height all said young. Just couldn’t believe his width. And what I believe was probably a 4.5 year old 8 pointer made him scoot just by looking at him. That deer will be an absolute stud in a couple of years.
                      Maybe it's the picture but that deer looks fully mature to me. But I hate aging deer off of pictures cause camera angles can do weird things. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Maybe it's the picture but that deer looks fully mature to me. But I hate aging deer off of pictures cause camera angles can do weird things. Good luck!

In the pic he looks like a blob for some reason. He was skinny, smaller shoulders. I’m confident he was young.

On a plus, I may have may shooter at about 450 yards. A good 8 is out beside him and he’s definitely bigger and wider. He’s working away from me but hopefully he’ll turn around and head this way:

Comment

Your doing a great job with the updates! We appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
                            Your doing a great job with the updates! We appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

It’s a good way to keep my mind from telling me my feet are cold and I have to pee.....

Comment

Lol. Rabbits and birds here...

Comment

Beautiful morning. Both bucks moved on. Bigger one was interested in a doe but don’t think here feelings were mutual. Just have to be patient. 2 deer came in to the check station last night. 1 mgmt and a 118 inch buck.

I’m a long time east Texas hunter (Trinity Co) and sure love the change of scenery. Not a pine tree or crow to be seen. [emoji4]

Comment

Working...
                                X