Cleft palate surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleft palate surgery?

Who has been through this with their little tyke? Our second boy is scheduled for surgery just after his first birthday. We have BCBS insurance, but haven’t been able to get a clear post-insurance cost estimate. Thankfully he just needs the palate repaired; not his lip/nose/teeth. Poor guy will have to be on a liquid diet and wear arm braces for a couple weeks.
    Last edited by 30-30; 02-08-2021, 08:29 PM.

Prayers up

Comment

My nephew has a bilateral cleft lip and palate. Hes had 2 or 3 surgeries since birth, and he's 8 now. Just walking by, you'll never notice. Hes going to speech therapy, but no negative outcomes since. He plays every sport he can, including tackle football. I love that kid. Tough as they come.

He had trouble with drinking when he was younger and had to relearn how to swallow after his surgery.

Comment

Double prayers.

Comment

Prayers for your son and family.

Comment

whatever the cost it will be returned to you and him many times over later

Comment

No info, sorry. Praying for your little buddy, Lord watch over this little one and let the surgery be a success, and the healing rapid.

Comment

Prayers to y'all. My little guy,who just turned 13, had the bilateral cleft lip but no palate involvement. Jaw/teeth involved some but can't tell it now. Kiddo's will surprise you at how tough they are! Hang in there and we pray for a successful procedure and fast healing and recovery. He will do great. Keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks y’all. TBH is a special place.

Comment

Here’s the goober in question, Charlie.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cleft palate surgery?

My best to Charlie & family. Handsome Fella. Gonna be a lady killa with those eyes of his.[emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just sent you a PM - we went through this with one of our boys.

Comment

30-30, my daughter was born with a MidLine Cleft and although the palate never got in the way of her eating it was scary none the less. When she was 6 months old she had her first surgery for the lip and palate. She had it on July 1st and mom and I took a weeks vacation to care for her as we were scared and figured she would need a week to recover. We took her in at 6:00 AM and she was out of surgery a little before noon. She was monitored for a couple of hours and to our surprise they sent us home. We coddled her as she slept most the afternoon and the next night. She woke up the next morning ready to party. She didn’t miss a beat and had the attitude a disposition as if she had before the surgery. We ended up packing up and meeting my folks in Rockport for 4th of July. She had to wear some sleeves on her arms in which the Nurses called “no-no’s” to make it so she couldn’t bend her arms and mess with the stitches. We had so many friends and even strangers ask how she hurt her arms and never noticed the work on her lip.

When she was 8 she had her final palate surgery and this one required a 2 night stay in hospital and we had to stay in a hotel close the next 5 (due to being a midline cleft and other things they were watching). She swelled up pretty good from tissue being from her inner lip for the reconstruction but again we prepared for the worst and 1st day out of hospital she was bored out of her mind and ready to rock n roll. We visited the zoo and children’s museum twice each in those 5 day.

Needless to say, as parents we were super scared and tried to be prepared for the worst and our little angel showed us how tough and resilient she was and we as parents took it harder than she did. But hey, as parents we do not want to see our kiddos endure any pain and would do anything to shield them from it.

Hang in there dad, little man will show you what a stud he is!

Comment

Prayers for Charlie and y'all.

Comment

Knee mail sent brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X