No announcement yet.

Let's talk Ag Exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bees aren't hard, and cows can be managed to keep the grass cut but not overgrazed. Wildlife has plenty of paperwork, too.

I'd do 20 acres of bees, you probably have 2 acres taken up by your residential spread anyway.

Comment

We just sold our place in Mountain Home. Wife said she didn’t want to move up there so I put it on the market and it sold in 15 days. The reason being was taxes. I couldn’t get the exemption for five years. Property tax was around 1450 and Gillespie county school tax was 2300.00 and change. Additionally, the appraiser told me she expected the taxes to continue to rise.
      I asked her if I could put a garage on the place and she said “ sure, but as soon as you run power and water to it it becomes a dwelling and will be taxed as such”. They’ve got you coming and going. For me it came down to money and the question of wether there will be too much month at the end of the money.
      I will not buy another piece of property without an ag exemption on it. Full stop.

Comment

Working...
      X