Zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Wasn’t impressed with Ferris, so I went with a Scag, and I didn’t look back...
    You won’t see many crews who run mowers for a living using Ferris...

There are many good mowers out there. If you are looking at a 48”, I assume you don’t have a lot to mow. Scag, Hustler, John Deere, or Gravely would be my pick.
    Ok.. Lol.

Comment

Seems like there are a lot or opinions on mowers. I think budget is the biggest factor to consider. I mow our 2 acre home and mowed our previous 1 acre every couple of weeks for the past 5 years with a $3500 bad boy and it still runs good with no issues. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
        JD Z930M is a beast
        Yep...almost 900 hrs with original spindles

Comment

bought Hustler 42 in Feb 2014, only issue was the spindle as I was leveling the back yard with it on level 1 but been good. Changing belts and oil, paid 2795
          Neighbor does fine with his 54 club cadet he probably paid about 2800 for it about the same time. Hustler has solid deck but they're all probably all ok
          , stay with Kohler or Kawasaki engines

Maybe someone has a bad story about one of the other models? Most i hear is people touting how their model stands up, anyone with a nightmare story ?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Ok.. Lol.
            You won’t....Lol.

Comment

Have a 48” cub ((don’t laugh) with a steering wheel, something my dad wanted cause my uncle had 2. It’s been great, mowing rough yard and around barns.

Comment

My Ferris IS2100Z is a BEAST. Independent suspension on all four corners coupled with an air ride side and it’s a dream.

Comment

I’m on our 9th year with our 54” Kubota, it’s been a great mower and still is. Change oil annually, changed belts 3 times and just had to put new bearings in spindles this year.

Not sure if I’m going to ride this one out or sell and replace with a bigger mower with articulating front tires.

Comment

Hustler

Comment

Bought a Hustler in 2008 it’s still going strong and I’ve abused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scag!

Comment

I’m going to be in the market soon myself! I’ve been borrowing my brothers Gravely and I’m impressed. That will probably be what I end up with.

Comment

I mow 2 acres weekly. I’ve had a scag freedom z with a 52” deck for 6 years. I’ve had zero issues. Only complaint is I used a tiger cat for work and got spoiled by that suspension seat and it’s speed. I’ll probably trade it for a tiger cat or an x mark with a 60” deck to cover more ground. Like most, I love to mow. It’s a type of therapy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              You won’t....Lol.
                              Dude ok yours is better.. You good now?? Lol Enjoy it..

But seriously, tell it to someone else.. I looked at all of them. My heart was set on a commercial SCAG until I was educated in them by a dealership that sold them. SCAG had the worst paint out of all commercial mowers I looked at.. Every single one that was setting outside, under awnings, were already showing paint peeling and rust, especially on the deck and these were new mowers..
                              As far as commercial guys most around here and in Galveston county run FERRIS for numerous reasons.. #1 they are just an all better built mower.. #2 the front end components(which are the most abused in commercials mowing) can be unbolted and change independently where as Scag and most others the entire front end has to be cut off and replaced/welded back on as 1 Solid unit.. Not user friendly at all.. Of course I'm sure you know this though.. Lol..
                              Last edited by PondPopper; 05-09-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                My Ferris IS2100Z is a BEAST. Independent suspension on all four corners coupled with an air ride side and it’s a dream.
                                That was one of the main things that sold me.. FERRIS suspension on its commercial mowers has no competiton in the mowing industry.. None are even close.. I mow 4 acres that is not exactly smooth.. This suspension makes it enjoyable. I had 64" Yazoo for the previous 17 years.. No comparison.
                                Last edited by PondPopper; 05-09-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X