X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... this thread has gone Nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      Dude, you've gone full blown balistic...

my post about the bathroom scalding water was in reference to your post #94, nothing about Lowes.

I don't know if that Lowes has a busted tile that is hazardess or not.

Don't know where you getting that I am looking for some else to blame.

think you need to calm down a little.

I can’t be more calm, sitting on the couch drinking iced tea, watching deer hunting.

You be careful out there. It’s a dangerous world. Make sure you turn the hot water on and feel it first before you just dive on in and start washing your hands. Some water is hotter than others. Also soup....soup is super dangerous if you don’t blow on it first. Hot pockets are the devil!! They seem safe until you bite into them.

Look for signs everywhere of all the risks that lie ahead in life. And don’t worry, if you get hurt there will be someone to hold accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji38][emoji28][emoji38][emoji1][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          I can’t be more calm, sitting on the couch drinking iced tea, watching deer hunting.

You be careful out there. It’s a dangerous world. Make sure you turn the hot water on and feel it first before you just dive on in and start washing your hands. Some water is hotter than others. Also soup....soup is super dangerous if you don’t blow on it first. Hot pockets are the devil!! They seem safe until you bite into them.

Look for signs everywhere of all the risks that lie ahead in life. And don’t worry, if you get hurt there will be someone to hold accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

Inaccurate. The suit is mostly based on damages, in a monetary form.
            If it's ten bucks in damages, it doesn't matter how many billions the defendant has. Now...if they act in bad faith, sure they might get hit for more than that.

You know who can best evaluate that? Yeah, not us.

And as to negligence....Lowe's is in a great position to fix this hazard.

And right now, we don't have any idea, but what if the store manager knows of a few other people that have tripped in this same spot. Maybe that's why that silly tape is there. And then what if some other folks tripped there after the tape was installed? At what point should Lowe's do something about it?

Part of the point of a lawsuit is the deterrent effect. Fix hazards on your property even if it costs you a few bucks.
            So you trip outside where no one's at fault..you just move on with life.
            You trip on someone's property that has zero money and no lawyer will take the case
            You trip at Lowe's, Wal-Mart or the likes and you ONLY sue for damages?

All your other writings have merit. If this and that. I was commenting only after saying if the grout is level with the tile it's not Lowe's fault. If it's really a trip hazard that many people trip over then yes Lowe's is negligent. In that case they caused pain, suffering etc..and will be sued for more than her medical bills.

Comment

Reported for jury duty a few years back. Seems there had already been a trial to determine fault and we were to be on a jury only to determine the pay out.

First trial found a store guilty because some old gal walked right past a "Caution - Wet Floor" sign, slipped, and fell. Another customer had spilled something, an employee placed the sign, and was going after a mop when the old gal fell and broke her hip.

I got booted in voir dire when I told the lawyer I wouldn't give the old gal the time of day, let alone any money.

Just an example of a world full of people who take no responsiblity for their own actions.

Comment

My daughter is an archetect and designs buildings, office space, retail stores, apartments, etc. Showed her the broker tile pic. She says that Texas building codes require all flow elevation changes (carpet to tile, tile to concrete, etc.) to be less than 1/4".

That pic certainly looks like less than a 1/4" change.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                  My daughter is an archetect and designs buildings, office space, retail stores, apartments, etc. Showed her the broker tile pic. She says that Texas building codes require all flow elevation changes (carpet to tile, tile to concrete, etc.) to be less than 1/4".

That pic certainly looks like less than a 1/4" change.
                  Doubtful. Most tile is thicker than that on in its own, add thinset and it's definitely over.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If she tripped over that how does she walk in and out of her house every day without face planting?

Comment

My grandma drags her feet in her old age, she would’ve face planted as well. She falls weekly, getting old stinks.

On another note, my fathers stepmother who died 10 or so years ago, was hot in the back by a forklift in Sam’s club. She was always evil but after she got pummeled she was even worse. I think she had four back surgeries, to my knowledge she never received any sort of compensation, died broke as a joke. Sam’s oughta still be paying me for having to deal with her cranky butt.

Comment

Maybe his lawyer told him to quit posting on this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          My grandma drags her feet in her old age, she would’ve face planted as well. She falls weekly, getting old stinks.

On another note, my fathers stepmother who died 10 or so years ago, was hot in the back by a forklift in Sam’s club. She was always evil but after she got pummeled she was even worse. I think she had four back surgeries, to my knowledge she never received any sort of compensation, died broke as a joke. Sam’s oughta still be paying me for having to deal with her cranky butt.
                          Don't hold back, Man! Tell us how you REALLY feel about the old gal!!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Maybe his lawyer told him to quit posting on this thread...
                            I would think that he would quickly ask a mod to delete it....

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                              Doubtful. Most tile is thicker than that on in its own, add thinset and it's definitely over.

Doubtful. You can see where it’s been floated to grade. I bet less than a 1/16” if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Doubtful. You can see where it’s been floated to grade. I bet less than a 1/16” if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I dont see it. But I'm old n my eyes suck.[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X