• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Plenty do.
    Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Just curious what the concern is about posting the serial #? What can we do with that info?
      We might not do anything but a lurker might report it as stolen or something nefarious. It probably wouldn’t hold water but will make life annoying if the OP tries to get work done or tries to sell it to an FFL holder.

Comment

Why?
        I certainly care and it's none of their business what I may or may not have. At the very least, principle.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          I certainly care and it's none of their business what I may or may not have. At the very least, principle.
          "They" already know what he has because he posted that he owns it.

Comment

"They" already know what he has because he posted that he owns it.

Comment

Just curious what the concern is about posting the serial #? What can we do with that info?
              Buddy of mine had a ar confiscated by his local pd when they ran the serial on a traffic stop and came back on a stolen database of some sort. Needless to say he was the original owner too. After a big hassle and several months they were able to return it to him. Conclusion- if a website can give you a description of a firearm by its serial some people could have fraudulent intentions. Was not the case iirc the man that had reported it had the wrong serial number put in database...I’m assuming he had probably been reimbursed from his insurance already too.

Comment

Same thing with people posting a photo with their vehicle in it and blacking out the license plate number. Who cares? Any nefarious minded individual can see your plate everyday when you drive around town so what difference does it make if it is in a photo? Was always perplexed as to why people do that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                  We might not do anything but a lurker might report it as stolen or something nefarious. It probably wouldn’t hold water but will make life annoying if the OP tries to get work done or tries to sell it to an FFL holder.
                  you think an FFL holder would know if it was reported stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    you think an FFL holder would know if it was reported stolen?
                    Ask a Gentleman by the name of Ethan at Gibsons discount center in weatherford, tx.

Comment

Working...
                    X