If COVID is as contagious as they say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
    There are no actually scientific, prospective, randomized studies demonstrating that masks prevent the spread. The only scientific studies that I have seen show that they don't make a difference. Even the CDC's own, large study showed that masks decreased spread by only 1.2%, which was within the margin of error.
    Preaching to the choir...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      99.7% of those who got a + test. No telling how many had it and were never tested.
      Yep. Then breakout the number of people who have pre-existing serious illnesses and I would expect to see a number well above what you have listed. It just easier for big gov to push agendas when you slap a one size fits all on the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Any news of the outbreak starting from this super spreader event?
        Houston should show similar results one way or the other as well. MMP is at reduced capacity but everyone I see on tv are bunched up sans mask for the most part.

Comment

Well it’s been 2 plus weeks since Arlington opened the baseball season to 100% capacity. Have Covid numbers spiked in the DFW area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Well it’s been 2 plus weeks since Arlington opened the baseball season to 100% capacity. Have Covid numbers spiked in the DFW area?

That side of the aisle has been too busy and preoccupied with George's trial the last 2 weeks. I'm sure someone will remind them to sharpen their pencil and get back to business creating cases. There's bound to not be a hospital bed available in all of Tarrant County. [emoji849]

Comment

It spreads through flatulence!

Comment

We had 14 guys in my unit go out with covid. Everyone wearing their masks, washing their hands, using hand sanitizer, wiping down surfaces, social distancing. The symptoms everyone had sounded like the flu. The flu is a covid virus. If you test for the flu, it shows up as the flu, not covid. If you test for covid, it doesnt tell you which covid, just covid. Funny how they tested for covid and tested positive. Nobody was tested for the flu.

Comment

Hospitals around us are starting to increase COVID admissions. The people that are getting admitted are ones have not been vaccinated. To date, our 3 small hospitals have not had to admit a patient that had been fully vaccinated. Just passing along information

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                    Hospitals around us are starting to increase COVID admissions. The people that are getting admitted are ones have not been vaccinated. To date, our 3 small hospitals have not had to admit a patient that had been fully vaccinated. Just passing along information
                    How in the heck are you getting that info? Even "IF" what you are saying is true, No Hospital Administrator would release that information due to HIPPA regulations. Can you post sources for your statements?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      How in the heck are you getting that info? Even "IF" what you are saying is true, No Hospital Administrator would release that information due to HIPPA regulations. Can you post sources for your statements?
                      Ft bend cty posts similar numbers, but harris posts all the dirt. Just have to find their hhs websites.

Comment

Checking the latest posted info for stats. Since the government started tracking COVID cases they show 32 million confirmed cases and 570k deaths. That’s officially about 1.8%. However there’s bound to be more people who got infected that never got tested so a guesstimate of 1.3% is probably closer. The CDC 2019 flu season stats show 35.5 million flu cases with 32,500 deaths. About .1% death rate. Evidence indicates COVID-19 is way more deadly and definitely more contagious. Comparing it to the flu is a bit cavalier of some of you.

Reading some of the posts in the thread and others I’ve noticed some of our members making comments like, “I’ll take my chances as Covid-19 is like the flu and most people get over it”. My answer to that is it sure sucks to be in that unlucky 1%. It’s easy to be cavalier until you actually contract it and realize what an *** kicker this bug really is. And god forbid you have to sit there and watch helplessly as your wife or your child spiral downward fighting to breathe and end up suffocating to death.

We all need to be good citizens and be thankful we live in the good ole USA. Some of you are hesitant to get a vaccine that could save your life and I would urge you to read about what’s happening in India right now. They are blowing up with COVID. They are desperate for treatment options and oxygen to keep people alive. They’re health system has collapsed and they are stacking bodies like wood. They would give anything to get a vaccine and here in the USA roughly 40% of Republican affiliated citizens aren’t going to get vaccinated. One thing I noticed last year was how close OUR healthcare system came to failing in certain parts of the country. Don’t be fooled into thinking that can’t happen to us. Our hospital systems have suffered under-investment for decades and the staff and people in them have been working non-stop to care for as many people as possible since this whole thing started. If we see another surge nationwide we may find that these key staff will quit from sheer exhaustion. You’ll want the best care possible if you have to go to a hospital and you may not get it.

Stay safe everyone and God bless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In the original flu pandemic 50 million people died. 1918

Comment

yea BUT I heard yesterday that 46% of Tex had at least (1 shot) so with that figgered in might help a bunch...

Comment

Talking to docs in the community

Comment

If COVID is as contagious as they say

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                                yea BUT I heard yesterday that 46% of Tex had at least (1 shot) so with that figgered in might help a bunch...

At the time the Rangers played those games it was less than 20%. Where’s the explosion of new cases?

Comment

Working...
                                X