Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a relative of yours look identical to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a relative of yours look identical to another?

It wasn’t until this year that I got to meet one of my older cousins. The day before I was at a country cemetery visiting the graves of loved ones. My cousin’s grandfather has a large headstone with a black & white photo of he and his wife when they were very young. When I shook hands with my cousin for the first time it was sort of startling since he looks identical to his deceased grandfather. Sometimes there just aren’t enough words for some experiences. This was one of them.

They do if you are from Arkansas. Those family trees don’t have a single branch.

Comment

My relatives have Indian in them and it has dominant traits. That’s what I was seeing in my cousin.

Comment

My daughter and niece look alike.

Comment

My sisters oldest sons Senior HS pic looks just like my dad’s Sr HS picture.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            They do if you are from Arkansas. Those family trees don’t have a single branch.
            My dad and his family were from Arkansas.

Comment

My sister looks just like a distance cousin of ours. They were the only Red Head Blue eyed ladies in our family.

My mom and her brothers all have what we call the Petru Ears. All 7 of them crazy.

Comment

When I was really young I couldn't tell my grandfather apart from his 1/2 brother unless they were both in the room together.

Comment

One of my kids looks exactly like our pool guy. Weird.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    One of my kids looks exactly like our pool guy. Weird.
                    My neighbor has a daughter that looks just like the mail man. He now has a different route.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                      My neighbor has a daughter that looks just like the mail man. He now has a different route.

Heck I didn’t even own a pool.

Comment

Not that I can think of but when my grandpa was about 16 he looked just like me. Or I look just like he did.....whichever. If you saw a picture of me and a picture of him back then you'd think it was the same person.

Comment

My kids look like twins 5 years apart. I have to look at the date on the picture to tell which one it is.

Comment

My husband's step brother looks exactly like his great grandmother, who died well before he was born. Creepy how identical they were / are.

Then of course, there's my identical twin sister.

Comment

I'm not sure this phenomenon is all that unusual if you look hard enough. My mother, who is the family genealogist, has collected hundreds of pictures of family ancestors for her archive. In going going through these, you will almost always find an "ancestral doppelgänger." I found mine. My mother even remembered her. Said she was a real b*tch.

I know. I thought it was a cheap shot, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X