Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Vacation you have taken.... alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 or so solo hog hunts to Texas that were all great. Several trips on my motorcycle alone. I love my time alone!

Comment

Since my divorce(2018) I have only gone to Maui, and it was ok, but not that fun. I wasn't comfortable being a solo traveler being used to traveling with someone my whole life. I was going to Italy last April for two weeks, but Covid stopped that. I'm still planning on doing a Italy trip, but now dating someone. Still kinda want to try a solo trip though.

Comment

Ive traveled all over this globe alone for work and it sucks not being able to share the experience with someone. Typically I see and do more outside of work when I travel with someone and it makes the time much more enjoyable.

I do like a couple days at camp alone though.

Comment

Thru-hiking the entire 2174 mile Appalachian Trail solo.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I'm still planning on doing a Italy trip, but now dating someone. Still kinda want to try a solo trip though.
            That'll go over like a fart in church!

Comment

Kona
              Had a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would do Costa Rica

Comment

Mexico City for a week in 1998. Was there for work, two different projects, and the first got cancelled while in route. Rather than turn around and come back, I just stayed the Maria Isabella Sheraton for a week. I was single and spoke no spanish. It was a great time.

Comment

If single, Costa Rica for sure.

Comment

took a mule deer hunting trip to SW Colorado before I got married. Beautiful country, want to do again or a Pronghorn trip to NM.

Comment

After my divorce in 2016 I took 2 weeks and traveled solo. I had no idea where I was headed. Jumped in the truck brought clothes and items for any occasion. I went south till I hit I-10 headed west left TX, NM, entered AZ. Gorgeous place!! Spent a few days in AZ exploring. Went up to the mountains and down to the desert. Some locals mentioned Puerto Penasco Mexico AKA Rocky Point. I headed south and drove to the Ocean and spent a few days in Mexico. (this was the part I thought I totally lost it driving my truck through Mexico to a place unknown) Had a great time there. Headed back to AZ and decided to drive to Vegas. Made it to Vegas spent 2 or 3 days there and then made my way back to TX. Literally one of my all time favorite trips. I enjoy hanging out with myself, and can make friends everywhere I go. I recommend everyone to take an unplanned, solo vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                          Used to go to the deer lease by myself. I know, not cool. But i worked shift work, so often my days off were in the middle of the week and I kinda enjoyed the peace and quiet. No drunken late night parties etc.of some of the lease partners, no others running around in the woods pressuring the animals.
                          As for vacations, I would rather share them with someone I cared for and wanted to share the experience wirh.
                          I work shift work now so probably 50% of the time I'm at the lease I am alone. I don't mind at all for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Yes sir! As soon as I wind up with some free time alone, I go straight to the lease by myself...unless it's May-August, then it's to **** hot. Nothing like deer camp to yourself...but I don't care for it for more than a couple days at a time.

I'd never travel on vacation alone otherwise, I don't see the point, but I may just not be wired that way.
                            I just work shift work and a lot of my friends are married and stuff and they have other priorities. I enjoy traveling and learning about different cultures. I spend time at the lease alone. Shift work. Lol try digging a hole in a tank blind in July. NEVER AGAIN!

Buddy wants to go to Chile, and Tickets to Peru are pretty cheap so might fly there first.

Comment

I go snowboarding occasionally by myself and have a good time. I spend alot of time at the lease alone. It's just my grandson and I on it. I went to Vegas alone a couple of years ago. Stayed on Fremont and never left the area. I just wanted to gamble and my wife isn't big on that. I had a great time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Lake Tahoe for A week for work had a great time !

Comment

Working...
                                X