Mason Mountain Archery, first bowkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason Mountain Archery, first bowkill

Wife and I were drawn for mason mountain archery. This was our first ever bowhunt. Could not even imagine a better experience, this place was awesome. The staff, Mark, Jeff, and Spencer were super helpful, and just all around awesome guys. We were assigned the west turkey pasture. Brushed in a ground blind. The first two days were an awesome show, oryx, big 10 pt. Watched a bobcat for an hr or two. Two seperate times had pigs come up to the back of the blind and bust us. Finally the third morning two does showed up. My wife was unable to position herself for a shot, and insisted i take the shot. I have not shot a deer in 16 yrs, and my first time ever with a bow. How i made this connect i will never know, but flung a fmj with a g5 montec at 25 yds, double lung, and she crashed about 50 yds away. The following afternoon it rained, and had been a full moon. We did not see another animal, and unfortunately my wife did not get a opportunity to pull back on one. BUT, overall it was amazing, and we're both bit by the bug. The second pic is from the original owners house, off the back porch looking at the pond. What an amazing place, and hope to one day come back. Doe was only 52lbs dressed, but totally a trophy to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	25098946

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmpond.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	25098947
    Last edited by HunterH; 10-22-2016, 05:13 AM.

Congrats on your first kill!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. Now you are hooked.

Comment

Congrats. That's a place I've always wanted to hunt. Still waiting to draw. Great job on your first bow kill

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great place. Congrats!

Comment

Looks wicked cool. Nice work. Takes effort to kill anything with a bow on public land

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                  X