Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
    Sounds like hunting at the mall.
    We walked past someone on the way in but didn't see any one else. By the time we left at 11:15 there was only one car left besides ours.

Comment

Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone this morning. I saw a couple headlamps in the distance, didn't think many people would be out this morning. Figured I would sneak in a hunt before I meet up with some family.

Comment

Don't give up! I've seen some monsters killed in December out there.

Comment

I can see a pop up blind in my near future. It's a little wet out here boys and girls.

Comment

Is there any other places to park other than Knob Hills Trail or Cross Timbers Trail head? Not wanting to get a ticket from Northlake PD or Roanoke PD

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
              Is there any other places to park other than Knob Hills Trail or Cross Timbers Trail head? Not wanting to get a ticket from Northlake PD or Roanoke PD

Off 377 and bobcat road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meanwhile in Flower Mound the bucks are enjoy post rut. I'm pretty sure the big ones have figured out Murrell Park is the Non hunting zone.

Comment

Budman, you are such the tease!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I'm officially hanging my hat up at Grapevine. It was fun, but I'll need to find something closer to my new house down south(Actually my new backyard). It was great seeing a few of you out there, just wasn't my year to bag GV buck. Good luck on future draws.

Comment

Grapevine Lake draw

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      I'm officially hanging my hat up at Grapevine. It was fun, but I'll need to find something closer to my new house down south(Actually my new backyard). It was great seeing a few of you out there, just wasn't my year to bag GV buck. Good luck on future draws.

Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

I look forward to some hill country golf invites once to find a free hookup down there. [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

I look forward to some hill country golf invites once to find a free hookup down there. [emoji38]
                        My casa is your casa my friend. Also have an RV spot with 30/50amp hook ups for guest with Travel Trailers.

Comment

I am finally going to get out this weekend to muck around and see if I can find some squirrels to shoot. I have never been out hunting in the general area. The parking situation is a bit confusing. It looks like there is a dirt road that runs north south on the west side of the train tracks along 377. Has anyone parked down by the bridge? I have seen trucks parked down there in the past. However, I know just because you can doesn’t always mean it’s legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atg View Post
                            I am finally going to get out this weekend to muck around and see if I can find some squirrels to shoot. I have never been out hunting in the general area. The parking situation is a bit confusing. It looks like there is a dirt road that runs north south on the west side of the train tracks along 377. Has anyone parked down by the bridge? I have seen trucks parked down there in the past. However, I know just because you can doesn’t always mean it’s legal.

The road on the east side of the rail road tracks is within the property and cannot be accessed by hunters. You can park in the lot off bobcat and 377 and walk in along the road. You can also go to the north side and park at the knob hill trail parking lot. Be aware the area around the parking lot is a no hunting area. There is also a a parking area at the end of Dunham rd that accesses the hog hunting only area.
                            Here is a link to the hunting map showing the two parking areas on the north side of the lake. http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...ting%20Map.pdf

Comment

I appreciate the guidance. I live in Trophy Club and I have parked at the Bobcat lot. I wasn’t sure if that was legal so thank you for clarifying. Hopefully, I can find some squirrels or rabbits. I received the Meateater cookbook for Christmas and I want to try the squirrel and rabbit slow cook stew.

Comment

Sucks getting out on the Corp land today and finding two feeders

Comment

Working...
                                X