Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

Comment

4 doe now. And 2 bucks just walked in. Matthew and I switched blinds and I’m looking at the 15 pt he saw last night.

Comment

Going live at Mason Mountain WMA

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
        4 doe now. And 2 bucks just walked in. Matthew and I switched blinds and I’m looking at the 15 pt he saw last night.

Hey old man it was this morning that I saw him lol
        And quit being a deer hog you know me and papa want to see some deer too lol [emoji16]

Comment

Oh yea. This morning. All runs together when you get old. I think I count 16 on him. He’s amazing.

6 deer and 6 javelina and can’t shoot any

Comment

And now a 10 just showed

Comment

Mason Mountain is so awesome and Mark and the crew are great host. The father in law and I tooks these last year in the draw hunts. Saw some very impressive native deer while scouting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Will do a recap when o get back to San Angelo

Comment

Got to hunt there several years ago, didn't see any deer but a lot of exotics.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they do any draw exotic hunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tonight was a good night. I saw 7 gemsbok 2 water buck an axis. Then had a nice spike come out and blew my opportunity while trying to position myself for a shot. He me moving and high tailed it out of there. Then I had 2 nice bucks that couldn’t get any pictures of due to it being so dark. With the last 5 minutes of light I had 4 pigs come out. Decided to shoot one and it dropped the other 3 scattered but then stopped. I racked another round put the cross hairs right behind his ear and was squeezing a round off when it took off. Then few minutes later they came back. Picked one out and squished off a round and it went running in the brush. My dad had shot a 4 point few minutes before that and couldn’t find blood so I loaded my stuff up in the truck went to the pig that dropped then started to look for the other pig and it started to rain. Figured it was more important to find the deer then the pig so decided to just leave it. (Biologist said we could just shoot and leave the pigs if we wanted) picked up my papa then headed to get my dad. We looked for blood for an hour and never saw any sign of blood or hair anywhere so figured it was a clean miss. I’ll let him tell a more detailed story about it.

Here’s the one pig I found

All in all was an awesome hunt got to meet some really nice people and see lots of wildlife including several really nice bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

If I remember correctly they only have the big game award hunts for exotic but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

They have a guided gemsbock draw hunt I know because I put in for it. I didn't pay attention to the other hunts offered. Congrats on the pig 79F250!

Comment

Which pasture did y'all draw?

We've hunted on top of the mountain and in the west pasture back when they had doe and spike hunts. Beautiful place with great housing for the hunters.

Comment

We were in the south voca pasture

Comment

Great write up! My little dude drew an antlerless/spike hunt for this October. After a little research, I created a PDF with the compartments overlayed to take with us.

Mason Mountain WMA by Chad Crawford, on Flickr
                                Last edited by Chad C; 09-18-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X