First Day Flurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day Flurry

Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on opening day/weekend of rifle season. Do you take the first legal thing that crosses your path (doe or spike) or do you wait until you find your 13" +?

I will be hunting 1 of 3 bucks I have pics of tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully an even bigger one will wander in looking for love but I will wait to take any does or spikes for now

Comment

Depends on how bad I need meat. Does and spikes fill the freezer for meat purposes. I usually have at least 1 doe down during bow season. But I wont shoot a buck unless its a mature deer or just really good for public land.

Comment

I hunted just a handful of times in October and never saw a deer. This weekend, I will shoot the first mature doe that steps into my lane and gives me an ethical shot. On the outside chance a "shooter" buck does the same thing, he two will have an arrow flung at him. In addition to movement being slow, our place just has a fairly low deer population so I will take advantage of the first opportunity that presents itself.

Comment

Around my place when the shooting starts they generally come running in to my place it usually sounds like world war 3, since I only bow hunt and almost never shoot a gun on it. I do plan on sticking a nice fat doe or two this coming weekend.

Comment

I'm telling myself that I'm waiting on something nice, but. It sure if I have that much willpower.

Comment

I'm hunting with my fiance, it will be her first time hunting in Texas. She is going to shoot the first legal deer with antlers, she refuses to shoot a doe.. because she is sexist

Comment

Got a Summit Goliath climber for sale- posting for a friend $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                  Got a Summit Goliath climber for sale- posting for a friend $200

Random...

Comment

I was letting all my buddies in the SHNF know cuz we all climb trees[emoji38]

Comment

I save does for the rut, u want as many round u as possible when they come into
                      heat. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        I'm hunting with my fiance, it will be her first time hunting in Texas. She is going to shoot the first legal deer with antlers, she refuses to shoot a doe.. because she is sexist
                        I love it.....

Comment

Working...
                        X