Smoke damage to a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke damage to a bow?

Well, we survived a house fire. Our dryer caught fire and destroyed our utility room and garage. There is extensive smoke damage to the rest of the house. Praise God no one was hurt and the house is not a total loss. My question is about my bow. It was in the master closet on the complete opposite side of the house. There was not any intense heat there so I’m not worried about that. What I’m wondering is about all the black soot on everything including the bow. Is it good to just wipe down and keep shooting?

That’s a new one.

Personally, I wouldn’t be overly worried if it wasn’t close to the heat but that said I’d take it to a shop, tell them what happened and ask them if they’d verify the weight it’s currently set at just to be safe.

Comment

The way the insurance is about to screw you over you’d be better off claiming it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your house. I would say clean the crap out of the bow before you go shooting it or handling it much. A lot of synthetic materials and chemicals in homes these days and the Smoke and soot they put off are not bueno for your health

Comment

Sorry about your home. Have a shop look at it after you do some cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
            The way the insurance is about to screw you over you’d be better off claiming it.
            So, someone else takes YOUR risk and somehow they screw you?

OP clean it and use it

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              So, someone else takes YOUR risk and somehow they screw you?

OP clean it and use it
              You don’t think insurance companies ever screw policy holders? Let’s be honest, their business model is to collect as much in premiums and pay as little in claims as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                You don’t think insurance companies ever screw policy holders? Let’s be honest, their business model is to collect as much in premiums and pay as little in claims as possible.
                I've seen them pay out 600k for a burn down .
                You could never even come remotely close yo paying enough premium on a policy if you have a fire and yet they are there when it happens...every day
                Pay your house off then drop the policy and see if you can sleep good knowing that it the worst happens your out of pocket a few hundred grand

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I've seen them pay out 600k for a burn down .

You could never even come remotely close yo paying enough premium on a policy if you have a fire and yet they are there when it happens...every day

Pay your house off then drop the policy and see if you can sleep good knowing that it the worst happens your out of pocket a few hundred grand

I feel like there is some missing info here.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    I feel like there is some missing info here.

Sierracharlie out…
                    Not really
                    Just go ask your agent what you will receive if the worst happens then multiply your premiums over the time you have already paid and say the next 20 years or so

Comment

Hire your own adjuster. Have them deal with the agency. Made a huge difference for my kids..............

Comment

My guns were not damaged by heat, but the smoke made them rust. all my hand tools rusted also. Gunsmith told me the smoke takes the oil out of the metal, causing the rust. I'd take it to a shop and get it taken apart, cleaned and re-lubed.
                        Also, my insurance company didn't screw me over, very helpful and more than fair

Comment

I’d be more concerned over what caused the dryer to catch fire but like others have said get it checked out at a shop just to be on the safe side. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            I’d be more concerned over what caused the dryer to catch fire but like others have said get it checked out at a shop just to be on the safe side. Best of luck
                            Very likely the dryer vent had gotten clogged over time which in turn over heated the dryer motor. Clogged dryer vents cause house fires nation wide every day.
                            I clean them and you would not believe how much lint can collect in a vent pipe

Comment

The fire was more than likely caused by lint clogged on the vent pipe that goes through the attic and out the roof. I got all my guns cleaned. So far the insurance company has been legitimate. I am my own Agent. Farm Bureau. Waiting on a rental house now.

Will have the bow cleaned by a shop

Comment

Working...
                              X