Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife’s bow set up!!! Need help setting her up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife’s bow set up!!! Need help setting her up.

I just got momma a bow, got her a k34 by obsession 27” DL & 50# limbs.. she will prob be shooting 38-40# more or less..
    I have her shooting viper trick broadheads, but I’m so torn on her arrow set up!
    I personally like to shoot a heavy arrow with weight up front, but I also shoot about 78# so I have no idea what works on woman bows... can y’all post pics and set ups of y’all or wife’s set ups...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is shooting a jewel at 26” and 50#. Easton axis 500 arrows at 27”. 75 grain insert, 100 grain head, three heat vanes 2 degree offset. 420ish grains at 225ish FPS. It’s slow, but it sent a rage through a doe no problems at 22 yards. Her next bow will be a Hoyt RX3, helix, or RX4 at 63-65# and axis arrows with around 13-15% foc. I shoot 468 at 278 FPS and 13% and had a complete pass through on a bunch at 81 yards and a trypan straight through the heart so I don’t get too caught up in extreme foc with 70 pound bows. But with a woman’s it helps a a lot.

Comment

I say get her some weight up front and make sure the heads are sharp and let her get after it. If you keep the shots close, 20 or under. Or possibly 25 and under speeds not a issue

Comment

Limb driven rest is my opinion. I run them in most of my bows. My K34 has Trophjy Taker Smackdown Pro. K34 is an awesome bow.

My son shoots a 392gr arrow with a 125gr Solid on the front & he’s pulling 47# at 25.5” dl. Neither one of the pigs he’s shot could spot the arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
          Limb driven rest is my opinion. I run them in most of my bows. My K34 has Trophjy Taker Smackdown Pro. K34 is an awesome bow.

My son shoots a 392gr arrow with a 125gr Solid on the front & he’s pulling 47# at 25.5” dl. Neither one of the pigs he’s shot could spot the arrow.

Thanks for input !

Comment

Comment

A 500 spine around 27” AMO sets up well with 100 grains of insert weight using a 100 grain tip. EFOC north of 20% with a TAW in the low 400’s depending on the shaft that is used. Something in that ballpark should tune well and be plenty of arrow to kill with the broadhead you have selected.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Build her arrows the same way you build yours heavy with EFOC.

Comment

Working...
                    X