Aspermont Mule Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspermont Mule Deer

My son was lucky enough to shoot a mule deer Saturday. He tagged out on a 10 point white tail last weekend so he was after a mule deer. Now we don't have a tremendous amount of mule deer on our place but we do see one or two every so often. Earlier that morning we hunted our usual stands and got out early to drive around and glass for mule deer. We saw 5 doe and 1 buck that had just jumped the fence to the neighbors place. He wasn't the biggest buck but he would have been good enough for his first muley.
    That evening I hunted my stand and he continued to creep around in the truck and glass. About an hour into the hunt I hear a deer tearing up a tree and I'll be dam* if it's not a non-typical 9X9 mule deer buck. I texted my son and told him to come on. I would say he made it over there in about 10 minuets. He had already left but I felt pretty confident we could find him. I told him follow me and we were on him within 100 yards. Lane made the perfect shot and the buck dropped in his tracks.
    Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to your son! Unique would be an understatement but nice buck none the less.

Comment

Cool looking mulie, congrats

Comment

awesome muley, congrats to you and your son

Comment

Good Muley. Congrats to your son.

Comment

Awesome buck!

Comment

That’s by far the biggest mulie I’ve ever seen in Stonewall Co!! Congrats!

Comment

That is a cool looking buck.

Comment

That's a cool buck. Congrats to your son!

Comment

Awesome. Such a cool deer.

Comment

That is one fugly buck...and I like it!

Comment

Awesome Muley Buck! Sounds like your son is having a great year!

Comment

Originally posted by DaDust View Post
                            My son was lucky enough to shoot a mule deer Saturday. He tagged out on a 10 point white tail last weekend so he was after a mule deer. Now we don't have a tremendous amount of mule deer on our place but we do see one or two every so often. Earlier that morning we hunted our usual stands and got out early to drive around and glass for mule deer. We saw 5 doe and 1 buck that had just jumped the fence to the neighbors place. He wasn't the biggest buck but he would have been good enough for his first muley.
                            That evening I hunted my stand and he continued to creep around in the truck and glass. About an hour into the hunt I hear a deer tearing up a tree and I'll be dam* if it's not a non-typical 9X9 mule deer buck. I texted my son and told him to come on. I would say he made it over there in about 10 minuets. He had already left but I felt pretty confident we could find him. I told him follow me and we were on him within 100 yards. Lane made the perfect shot and the buck dropped in his tracks.
                            Pics to follow.

Great buck! What part of Stonewall County are yall hunting? We own a place on the Kent/ Stonewall county line, never seen any mule deer on our place.

Comment

Very Nice, didn’t even know they had mule deer there
                              But makes since, I used to hunt the prairie dog fork red river in hall county mulie in the canyon, white tail up in the cotton fields and brush
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-25-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X