Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should big bucks killed after the 13” rule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we put an asterisk on deer that where taken after trail cameras came a long.
    The answer is the same no

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      I think he is asking if we should add an asterisk next to the bucks taken after the 13" rule was in place.
      OK, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        They aren’t, just more of them exist because they weren’t shot as younger deer right?
        So if one low fence ranch has more bucks than another low fence ranch, a trophy on the ranch with the more bucks should have an asterisk?

Fail.

Comment

I think no asterisks are needed and nothing is more special than anything else. Big bucks are big bucks. Laws change every year. As far as the thought of there being "more" big bucks out there to shoot I would bet there are a heck of a lot more guys out there trying to only shoot said big bucks. 25 or 30 years ago most of the people I hunted with didn't care much about antlers like some of these guys do now. Social media and the internet have got some people straight crazy over antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            So if one low fence ranch has more bucks than another low fence ranch, a trophy on the ranch with the more bucks should have an asterisk?

Fail.
            Its certainly harder to come by. Shouldn’t a buck of equal size be valued more?

Comment

I wasted one minute of my life reading this and another 20 secs typing a response.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                I get exactly what you are saying. On the public land I hunt I killed 2 deer over 125” over a 10 year period before the 13” rule, and I felt I had really accomplished something. Now I feel I have a good chance to kill 1 or 2 that big or bigger annually (multiple counties and public lands). The 13 in rule did exactly what it was meant to by changing the age structure of the herd and I love it. It does make those first 2 seem a little more special now though. Then again, it is much more fun to see bigger bucks more often, and I like shooting them all the same.

I'm a fan of the 13" law also. It has saved some 2 1/2 year old deer.

Oh put these ^^^ next to all the deer you've killed since the law was established. Let me know if you need some more.

Comment

Imagine if this guy had his own hunting show.

Comment

Do what?

Comment

Dang kids are spoiled now, it's defitely easier to get a low fence free range trophy than it was in the 90's. Does the Indian that shot one of the giants that used to roam the northeast before the white man showed up have an asterisk too?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I'm a fan of the 13" law also. It has saved some 2 1/2 year old deer.

Oh put these ^^^ next to all the deer you've killed since the law was established. Let me know if you need some more.
                          2 1/2 year old deer eat better...

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            This question must be for Shane cause i dont have a clue! Your trollin hard
                            WTH, don't y'all boys drag me into this, I get enough trouble on my own

Comment

Originally posted by Kooter80 View Post
                              Imagine if this guy had his own hunting show.
                              Well he does have an extremely successful Instagram about his ranch with nearly 52k followers so I guess in a way you could say he does. His Facebook page about the ranch is about the same size as well. He’s already caught so many people falling into the trap he set with this post. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                                Well he does have an extremely successful Instagram about his ranch with nearly 52k followers so I guess in a way you could say he does. His Facebook page about the ranch is about the same size as well. He’s already caught so many people falling into the trap he set with this post. I love it.

His "trap" had a neon sign over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X