Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should big bucks killed after the 13” rule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are Assuming all people fallowed the rule change. First flaw to the question

Comment

I think what Encinal is saying is that pre 13” rule, there was a lower number of bigger bucks, and post 13” rule, there is more, so we have a better opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        This question must be for Shane cause i dont have a clue! Your trollin hard
        I see ya

Comment

....back button....

Comment

Patiently waiting for the OP’s high fence argument...

Comment

I believe now, at least to the point of a few years ago, that getting one above 13" is more special. IMO, that the hunter has to wait and cull out the does, the middle-of-the-road bucks, the is-it-13"-or-not bucks, etc., if he sees anything at all.

Comment

This should be moved to the classifieds

Comment

I've got a high fenced squirrel hunting trip planned. I'm not sure I want to post pics for fear of ridicule

Comment

Maybe the 13" rule should be applied to spikes, and then maybe we can see if the AR is really working.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      I think what Encinal is saying is that pre 13” rule, there was a lower number of bigger bucks, and post 13” rule, there is more, so we have a better opportunity.
                      Like pre high fence and post fence with native deer.

I’m picking up what you’re putting down Marko

Comment

Your thinking way to into this....

Comment

I've killed a 13.5" 8 point and a 15" 10 point in two AR counties. Both COE public land. Now im after a trophy spike with at least 8" spikes. ........so what was the question? I'm confused. I just want deer meat in the freezer and can't shoot does without a permit. And I don't give a rip about age or the size and score of the dragging handles the deer come equipped with,as long as I'm not in violation of any TPWD regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re going to need a bigger cooler, watch the daily bag limit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                              Well that’s not true. They are off limits for 2 or 3 years.
                              But their wifi has been down and they haven't read the email informing them of that I dont think.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I get exactly what you are saying. On the public land I hunt I killed 2 deer over 125” over a 10 year period before the 13” rule, and I felt I had really accomplished something. Now I feel I have a good chance to kill 1 or 2 that big or bigger annually (multiple counties and public lands). The 13 in rule did exactly what it was meant to by changing the age structure of the herd and I love it. It does make those first 2 seem a little more special now though. Then again, it is much more fun to see bigger bucks more often, and I like shooting them all the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X