X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvm they’re sending again... hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had more issues with it this season than I did last season when I didn't have any problems. The biggest thing this year has been the app. It seems to be working pretty good now though but I still get a few pics here and there that won't load. Still not enough of an issue for me to go drop a lot of money on another camera especially all the work I have put into my setup.

Comment

No issues with my 5 recently

Comment

Does anyone have the 2019 model with gps function? Mine is supposed to have it but I have not been able to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
            Does anyone have the 2019 model with gps function? Mine is supposed to have it but I have not been able to get it to work.

I have a couple of those models , however , not using it as I was thinking it could be just another thing that could help waste battery life

Comment

Looks like my covert has been missing pictures/ isn’t sending pics for several days now... might be trying the new browning cell cam.

Comment

Seeing this thread reminded me I need to call them!

I noticed my bill was higher this month and started looking and they somehow reactivated my two 3g cameras that I replaced with LTE ones and have been charging me for them the last few months.....

My HQ photo demand has been working lately which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                  Looks like my covert has been missing pictures/ isn’t sending pics for several days now... might be trying the new browning cell cam.

It could be something as simple as a firmware update or a SD card going bad. It could also be your local tower is down. I have had that happen..

The cell companies are always updating their system firmware which requires Covert to do the change and update theirs to remain compatible. ....which then requires us to physically go to our cameras and do the same. No purchase of a different camera is going to change that aspect of running cell cams. You get used to it when you've had them long enough.
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-15-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I have had a couple that I just reset everything a couple of weeks ago, showing 10 on battery and just quit working. Not sure if they shut down, but not sending pics and wont take remote commands! They really need to fix these so they auto lock on tower with out having to manual cycle thru test mode. Like your cell phone does as you go down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      It could be something as simple as a firmware update or a SD card going bad. It could also be your local tower is down. I have had that happen..

The cell companies are always updating their system firmware which requires Covert to do the change and update theirs to remain compatible. ....which then requires us to physically go to our cameras and do the same. No purchase of a different camera is going to change that aspect of running cell cams. You get used to it when you've had them long enough.

Yup these same issues other cams aren’t immune to either

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Good info thanks. I won’t be able to update until the weekend after thanksgiving unfortunately.

Comment

mine has been sending pics great all season but it is a last years model

Comment

I hate their customer service. Called 3 days in a row this week and was on hold so long they hung up on me each time. Called back and left a voice mail each day and still haven’t heard back from them.

One cam was having issues that I think was just a firmware update I fixed. The other I’m trying to upgrade because I forgot about it. At this point I may just go another direction to replace that one

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              I hate their customer service. Called 3 days in a row this week and was on hold so long they hung up on me each time. Called back and left a voice mail each day and still haven’t heard back from them.

One cam was having issues that I think was just a firmware update I fixed. The other I’m trying to upgrade because I forgot about it. At this point I may just go another direction to replace that one

I use the chat feature and it is money....quick and fast... Most folks I know do as well when they have an issue.

Comment

HQ photos are working for me now!

I however did some digging and found out they or the system had reactivated my 2 old 3g cameras I sold back in February that were deactivated correctly. The bill was right for March and April and then went back up to 4 camera pricing for May, June, and July. I remember seeing them activated again when the new app went through in August and deactivated them once again but I didn't look at the bill... Just noticed a couple weeks ago I was back up to 33$ when it should of been 18 and finally got ahold of them today after playing phone tag the last 72 business hours.

So they or the system reactivated my no longer owned cameras twice and I am only getting credited for the last bill but I am SOL for May, June, July, August, September, and Oct... Totaling about 85$

My buddy bought some spy points and they have been flawless for the last 4 months plus cheaper plans so Im going to get a couple to see how they compare.
                                Last edited by 150class; 12-03-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X