Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 mile run. Yay I survived, but I am whooped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it in for Chest and core this AM

Left arm was acting up again and looks like i will try light weight and high reps to try and keep chest in the routine but if that doesn't work then its 100% Legs and cardio for the next 6 weeks.... Which 100% sucks

Comment

Last week was a screwed up mess with family going to the ER two different nights. I made it in this morning for chest, back and abs. Glad I did, but my traps and neck sure are tight! #10 supersets

Bench press/lat pull down/incline sit ups
        Incline bench press/neutral grip row/cable rotations
        Neutral grip DB press/inverse grip plank row/ab roller

I'll hit legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Bucked Up has a 50% sale going on currently

If you guys want something that provides a great pump I highly recommend it. It has plenty of Beta Alanine too so it gives a solid skin crawling feel which I like because it wakes me up literally

Comment

First day of just cardio....

15 mins of running and 15 mins of stairs

Legs and core tomorrow

Comment

A good start to the workday starts with.....LEGS! So, it was a bicep and leg day supersets 5X10

Standing DB curls/Leg extension
              Hack squat/preacher curl
              Prone leg curl/BB curl
              Incline DB curl/ball slam with a squat
              Overhead cable curl/ab roller

Comment

Wednesday and Thursday was duck hunting.

Today I made up at least the dessert portion of thanks giving with cardio, legs, and core.

3.25 mile jog for a warm up

Leg exts///Leg curls
                BB Squats
                Deadlifts
                Leg press
                Cable pull throughs
                Calves///Hyperextensions

Core was mixed in. Ended with 8 mins of stairs

Hunting tomorrow and back at it Sunday

Comment

Well looks like only 3 of yall made it to the end of the year lol. This year has been mostly turmoil for me and I havent hit a gym since March. Today I found one near my new home and started back up. I can tell it is going to be a long road back to where I was strength wise. Im "only" about 10 lbs heavier than I like to be so that part should be pretty easy to fix. Being 56, I will be easy back into what is my normal routine. Im going to keep it to light weight/higher reps, stretching and cardio probably through December. I have to say it felt great being back in a gym.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Well looks like only 3 of yall made it to the end of the year lol. This year has been mostly turmoil for me and I havent hit a gym since March. Today I found one near my new home and started back up. I can tell it is going to be a long road back to where I was strength wise. Im "only" about 10 lbs heavier than I like to be so that part should be pretty easy to fix. Being 56, I will be easy back into what is my normal routine. Im going to keep it to light weight/higher reps, stretching and cardio probably through December. I have to say it felt great being back in a gym.

Good job! Best we can do is to just keep trying!

Comment

8 miles on Thanksgiving, 17 on the bike on Friday, rest Saturday in preparation for my long run yesterday. 11 miles. Technically it was a good run, but it was to the point of fatigue. Rest today, bust it hard this week. Next week is recovery.

Comment

Glad you're back rtp! You'll be surprised at how fast you can get your strength back.

I'm 60 and some days I feel like I'm 80, but I'm gonna keep at it. I don't know how it happened, but I lost 3 pounds during Thanksgiving. There should be a law against that. However, I did work my arse off having 51 people at the house for a company party and then another 20 family on Thanksgiving Day.

Today was a good gym day, especially since I missed several days due to the holidays. Some people just won't go home! Only working one body parts per day this week. Next week will kick back off supersets with strip sets incorporated. A good back day, but not nearly as heavy as I would have usually gone.

Bilateral lat pull down/incline sit up
                        Narrow grip v-bar pull down/cable rotation
                        Bent over BB row inverse grip
                        Body weight pull up/ab roller

Leg day tomorrow with some row machine mixed in and some more ab work.

Comment

Thanks guys, taking it easy so far with the amount of weight Im using on everything. Trying to hit a muscle group everyday, today was legs, abs, cardio and stretching. Man am I sore. My abs are so sore I can barely move lol. Probably will be walking like a 90 yr old man tomorrow.

Comment

Back on the hamster wheel it is!

Made it Sunday for Cardio and core: 3.5 mile jog, core routine, and 10 mins of stairs. In the evening took the pup for a 2 mile walk to wrap the day up

This morning was Legs.....

1.5 mile jog for a warm up

Leg curls///Leg exts
                            Squats with strip sets at the end
                            Leg press
                            Lunges
                            Calf raises

6 mins of stairs for a cool down

Comment

I almost didn't make it this morning. I got to the gym late, but I still made it. Leg day, but my left hip wasn't cooperating until I got good and warmed up.
                              3X10 with some bicycle intervals thrown in for good measure.

Leg extension
                              Prone Leg curl
                              Hack squat
                              Dead lift
                              Seated calf raise
                              Step ups
                              Adduction/abduction machine
                              Incline situp
                              Ab roller

Tomorrow is chest day. Yay!

Comment

Cardio and core this AM.

25 mins of stairs
                                20 minute core routine
                                5 min jog for a cool down

Tomorrow is the same but I am going to try and add in some body weight exercises of sorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X