Ford SYNC 3 lagging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Car play is an app within the Sync 3 system. It won’t help with Sync software issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And with it you are stuck with the screwed up Google Map App, sure wish it gave the option to use Apple Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      And with it you are stuck with the screwed up Google Map App, sure wish it gave the option to use Apple Maps.
      It only uses my apple map

Comment

You can use Apple Maps, google maps or Waze with car play. No issues here on multiple vehicles using sync or car play.
        Last edited by BSOB; 11-30-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

2016 F150. I’ve had my whole entire unit replaced 3 times now. Ford covered it, but just a constant PIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife's 2017 navigator had that issue... took it in and they said they flashed the hard drive and updated sync. Been all good since that issue. It happened when it sat for a long time and the battery drained.

Comment

When Ford replaced the parts, was it done under warranty? How much did it cost? My truck has 50,000 miles on it and is out of warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                When Ford replaced the parts, was it done under warranty? How much did it cost? My truck has 50,000 miles on it and is out of warranty.
                If memory serves correct. It was $1300 for the part alone. Mine was under warranty so it was covered.

Comment

Mine started to lag about 2 months ago. Updated it to the 3.0 but it’s still doing it. Drives me crazy. Some days it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                    Mine started to lag about 2 months ago. Updated it to the 3.0 but it’s still doing it. Drives me crazy. Some days it works fine.
                    That sounds just like mine. When it works, it's great but when it doesn't, it's a pain in the back side. If you find a fix, please let me know.

Comment

Had the same problem on my 2018. It started with a slow delay and eventually became unusable. Dealer had to replace the computer. Might as well get it ordered now because by the time it arrives (3-4 weeks) you won't have a functioning radio. Mine was under warranty fortunately... Hopefully they can help you out.

Comment

Need to look at the Tesla style head units a little pricey but no issues so far about 12-14 months in on a work truck we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                          Had the same problem on my 2018. It started with a slow delay and eventually became unusable. Dealer had to replace the computer. Might as well get it ordered now because by the time it arrives (3-4 weeks) you won't have a functioning radio. Mine was under warranty fortunately... Hopefully they can help you out.
                          I hope Ford will help on the cost. Truck isn't 2 years old yet.

Comment

I had same problem and they said it needed up dates. It wouldn’t load them so they replaced the radio. 2018 but it was still under warranty.

Comment

Whenever I try to make a phone call and give the command, it never gets it right. I get so frustrated that I just dial the number

Comment

Mine had to be replaced under warranty. Nav would lock up and phone wouldn’t work at all on Sync

Comment

Working...
                                X