X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought my wife a lightly used 2018 Highlander

She loves it, nice ride and plenty of 2nd row room

Comment

We have a 2017 Highlander and it is awesome, especially on long road trips. We drive to Mississippi in it, as well as Coastal 'Bama. It's one the vehicles I have driven on long road trips that I can empty a tank without ever thinking "how much longer until we pull over, 'cause my (back, rearend, legs, etc...) are bothering me. The ergonomics, cruise control, power, and quiet ride are all really good. Pricey up front, but, as mentioned, drive it 'til the wheels fall off and it'll be worth every penny.

cricman

Comment

My wifes highlander is awesome. I will buy another!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I did a lot of online research on them, since they are hard to find in my neck of the woods. Lots of reviews and comparisons on YouTube, car websites, etc.... I never thought I'd have any interest in a Kia, but the Telluride is pretty dang nice. Definitely a big step up from anything I've ever seen from Kia. I'm taking a chance buying the 1st year model, but they have a 10yr/100K mile warranty, and the dealer here in Abilene is the #1 Kia dealer in the nation for customer service. Maybe I'll be OK. Can always trade it if we don't like it. They're pretty easy to sell for big money right now.

I was told 6 months to get a Telluride when ordering. We have been trying to find an SX with prestige and the towing package. We’ve looked in 5 states and have found 7 equipped that way. On dealer had theirs marked at $58k.

I’ll get an Explorer ST or Platinum before I pay that and have more power and towing capacity standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I was told 6 months to get a Telluride when ordering. We have been trying to find an SX with prestige and the towing package. We’ve looked in 5 states and have found 7 equipped that way. On dealer had theirs marked at $58k.

I’ll get an Explorer ST or Platinum before I pay that and have more power and towing capacity standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            $10K over sticker (anything over sticker) is insane. I guess some people are dumb enough to pay it, but that's just crazy.

They told us 2 months. Not gonna hold my breath. But we're in no hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
              We have a 2017 Highlander and it is awesome, especially on long road trips. We drive to Mississippi in it, as well as Coastal 'Bama. It's one the vehicles I have driven on long road trips that I can empty a tank without ever thinking "how much longer until we pull over, 'cause my (back, rearend, legs, etc...) are bothering me. The ergonomics, cruise control, power, and quiet ride are all really good. Pricey up front, but, as mentioned, drive it 'til the wheels fall off and it'll be worth every penny.

cricman

This says a lot. Does yours have AWD? What trim level? What is your real world gas mileage? I assume it has a V-6?

Comment

A Highlander is a woman's car.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  This says a lot. Does yours have AWD? What trim level? What is your real world gas mileage? I assume it has a V-6?
                  For sure it has a V6 and Leather captains chairs; I want to say it is the Limited trim package; lots of doodads and whatnots that make it more safe and comfortable to drive- plus a moon roof! As for mileage, I couldn't tell you, off the top of my head. Better than my Tundra, for sure! I want to say 25-28MPG, since most of the miles on it are highway miles. As far as AWD, I'm pretty sure we do have it.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                    We recently traded a Highlander for a 4Runner. It was for my wife as a daily driver and our roadtripping vehicle. Didnt take long before we regretted making the trade. The 4R is nice, but as far as comfort and ride, I think the Highlander is much nicer.

Since you have owned both of my top choices, you probably have more knowledge about them than most. Were both of them V-6 powered? Was the Highlander AWD or front wheel drive? What is your real world gas mileage?
                    I definitely want dual climate control for the front seat passenger and driver, and would like to have separate A/C and heater controls for the rear passengers too. My wife is always cold and I am always hot, we hate traveling in our Camry together because if I am comfortable she is freezing with a jacket on in July. LOL It looks like dual climate control may only be available in top trim levels of the 4Runner. It's much easier to find that in a Highlander. I don't plan to use it off road, I've got a 4X4 truck for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Keith - I got a 4Runner a couple months ago after 11 years in my FJ. Loved that SUV and it was a great car. Because of the great luck I had with it, I decided to stay Toyota.

I am a big fan of my 4Runner. It drives great...and has anything I could want in a vehicle. Lots of room to drag all my gear south and add a deer, or two, on the way back

I did consider, and drive, the Pilot. A friend of mine has a new one. I didn't like the feel of that one as much as the 4Runner.
                      The Honda dealer has a 2007 Toyota Fj, they are asking over $17k for! I really like them, but they are apparently worth more than I want to pay for one.
                      If I needed a do-all vehicle, the 4Runner would be my top choice. However, I still have my truck for off road use and pulling my 31' RV. I really am looking for a snow-capable highway vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                      X