Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for arrow build for my setup

Been shooting for speed for years

Ready to change gears and add mass for increased penetration and quieter bow

Currently shooting 65#, 400 GT XT hunters cut to 25 3/8” with standard insert and 100gr head

Prefer to stay with 100gr head for now since I have a box full
    Not opposed to adding a little length and adding either brass inserts or weights

May possibly increase draw to 70#

Let’s hear some suggestions from the arrow gurus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the Easton FMJ's for their penetration abilities. Not the heaviest arrow but very strong and great at transferring energy to the target or animal.

Comment

yep easton FMJs 340s and I have tired them all. the smaller diameter has less cross wind, and penetration thru bone, resistance.

Comment

I shot the fmj and didnt like em. They flew straight and hit hard, but bent easily.

I've gone to beman whiteouts.. they are heavy-ish. Put 100g top hat inserts in, along with a 125g head.. foc monster.. hits hard and very accurate. Not to mention they look cool..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot gold tip velocity 300s I like the fact weights . If you buy the long allen wrench that goes with them you can add weight to see what shoots best..
          I shot the fmjs but like mentioned I bent several so I gave the rest away . With the velosity you can get your foc up

Comment

Would prefer to stay away from aluminum or micro diameter

Keep the suggestions coming, not changing until after season

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              I shoot gold tip velocity 300s I like the fact weights . If you buy the long allen wrench that goes with them you can add weight to see what shoots best..
              I shot the fmjs but like mentioned I bent several so I gave the rest away . With the velosity you can get your foc up
              The ones bending the fmj's how are they bending? missing target? pulling arrows?
              I was thinking about making the switch after season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
                The ones bending the fmj's how are they bending? missing target? pulling arrows?
                I was thinking about making the switch after season.
                I bent a couple pulling them . I've bent them by shooting too close and hitting them . Ive shot through the target and had 1 bend.. I had a pass through on a doe and hit the brush behind her thr arrow bent.. imo I want to be able to practice without worrying about bending arrows ..

Some of the bends or dings might not have made a difference but if I spin an arrow and it wobbles I dont shoot it.. I'm kinda ocd

Comment

Shoot carbon express maximas myself and have for the past 10 years. Right now I have the blu rz’s. Middle of the road arrow as far as speed and weight. I love them and don’t ever plan on straying away from the maxima series or CE for that matter unless they some how went out of business.

Comment

I use to shoot FMJ's and then went to micro's. Both were good but didn't really fit what I was looking for. Then went to C/E Maximas and they were good as well but I wanted something a little heavier. Switched to C/E Mayhems and they are great. They are a little heavier than the Maximas and perform just as well for my set up. And they're less expensive.

Comment

Gold tip velocity xt 300s and add insert up front 100gr plus broadhead 100gr
                      That's my setup and it shoots great

Comment

Gt 300s with 125 heads weigh ~450grains. Seems a good balance. You could always put a 20 or 25 weight to stay with your 100 grain heads

Comment

currently shooting 300 spine Black Eagle spartan with a total of 200 up front, comes out to 503 gr. or get the Easton axis 300’s with the 100 gr iron will inserts or ethics archery inserts. Gold tip makes a good arrow as well, they have a new arrow “airstrike” I believe that’s meant to put weight up front

I’d stay away from fmj, as stated above. Good Hard hitting arrows until they bend. Shot a little ol hill country doe and it blew through and stuck in ground and it almost made a 90 when I pulled it out

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                            currently shooting 300 spine Black Eagle spartan with a total of 200 up front, comes out to 503 gr. or get the Easton axis 300’s with the 100 gr iron will inserts or ethics archery inserts. Gold tip makes a good arrow as well, they have a new arrow “airstrike” I believe that’s meant to put weight up front

I’d stay away from fmj, as stated above. Good Hard hitting arrows until they bend. Shot a little ol hill country doe and it blew through and stuck in ground and it almost made a 90 when I pulled it out
                            X2 for Black Eagle. I've spent stupid money on trying to find the right arrow. I love Black Eagle Arrows. Currently I'm shooting the deep impacts. FMJ's aren't terrible but I think they are over hyped.

Comment

Is Carbon Express bassackwards or what?

I found the piledriver DS and was looking at their chart to see which spine I needed

The ones labeled as .250 are 400 spine and the ones labeled .450 are 300 spine
                              Seems like all the other arrows I have had the size marked (ie GT XT Hunter 400) is the spine also?

I would be highly perturbed if I bought some arrows and they were weaker or stiffer than what the industry standard seems to be

All of that said, any thoughts on the piledrivers?

Comment

Working...
                              X