Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Granger PHL 2021

Let's get this party started!

Who else has been out logging the miles and collecting photographic documentation of hush hush ghosts?

Never visited the property, but have applied for the E-postcard hunts in the past. Looking at the info given this year, it appears that you have to harvest two does before a buck can be taken. Within the time frame given for the hunters, is it legitimately possible to get two archery doe kills and also have time to go after the buck? Anyone with experience doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
      Never visited the property, but have applied for the E-postcard hunts in the past. Looking at the info given this year, it appears that you have to harvest two does before a buck can be taken. Within the time frame given for the hunters, is it legitimately possible to get two archery doe kills and also have time to go after the buck? Anyone with experience doing that?
      Nope not enough time at all. No need to apply to Granger really unless you can hunt it everyday for the entire hunt

Comment

It's possible to get both does on opening weekend. I've seen guys check both in on Saturday.

Granger isn't a hard hunt as long as you hunt your does in a different area than the buck you want.

When we were drawn I ran into 2 hunters the entire season and I was out there every weekend and 2 full weeks during season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Nope not enough time at all. No need to apply to Granger really unless you can hunt it everyday for the entire hunt
          This is true. Too many out of town guys apply and don't have enough time to hunt it correctly. Out of 40 permits, Id say, 10 are able to be there regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            It's possible to get both does on opening weekend. I've seen guys check both in on Saturday.

Granger isn't a hard hunt as long as you hunt your does in a different area than the buck you want.

When we were drawn I ran into 2 hunters the entire season and I was out there every weekend and 2 full weeks during season.

I wouldn't be able to spend that much time down there, being from Dallas. From Y'alls experience, which area of the property tends to get hit the hardest with pressure? Looks like most of it is very open from the satellite pictures

Comment

True, a lot of water and grass.

Comment

How to Apply

I've been trying to get details on how to apply and when the deadline is but no one answers or returns calls at the number listed online?

Comment

You won't be able to apply until 08/15/2021. You must purchase the $48 APH permit, and then click on the E-Postcard Archery Deer link on this page. Deadline is 09/01/2021

From there you can submit your application. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    You won't be able to apply until 08/15/2021. You must purchase the $48 APH permit, and then click on the E-Postcard Archery Deer link on this page. Deadline is 09/01/2021

From there you can submit your application. Hope this helps
                    Awesome! Thank you, sir.

Comment

I'm beginning to think this thread is being put up as a decoy every year to distract from some other public land unit.

There are no hogs at Granger. There are no deer at Granger. It gets swarmed by squirrel hunters every day of the year.

Now that I've got the caveats out of the way, sure I guess I'll put in for it this year. Nothing to lose, right? I can always shoot armadillos and squirrels while I chase more interesting nonexistent critters.

Comment

Heading out tomorrow morning

Comment

YouTube scouting also from a distance. Lol. If I get drawn I’ll get some boots out. Do y’all run into many rattlesnakes out there? Looks like a lot of high grass/ brush areas. Always interesting reading here if I don’t get a permit. Good luck guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Selling A Bear X Intense Crossbow If Intrested Go To The Classified Page For More Info

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                              YouTube scouting also from a distance. Lol. If I get drawn I’ll get some boots out. Do y’all run into many rattlesnakes out there? Looks like a lot of high grass/ brush areas. Always interesting reading here if I don’t get a permit. Good luck guys

Lots of snakes, I see a rattlesnake or a water moccasin nearly every trip, copperheads occasionally, and I’m out there at least once or twice a month. I nearly stepped on this big guy last fall while trying to kick up some dove. Nowhere near water, either!

Comment

Working...
                              X